Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a part that was never sold in the US, JPN or AUS, only in the LHD European market, for another Toyota (not my FJ). Been looking for a salvage yard in Europe who might have it, but am having a terrible time because every time I try to search all I seem to get are US based yards who deal in European built cars (no use to me).

My hope is that someone who comes here, knows of a good yard in Europe and can steer me towards them!

thx,
Norm

PS: what I am looking for is a LH outer mirror from a Gen 3 Camry ('92~'96), folding, convex glass, heated glass.

·
Premium Member
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
hello!
Are those LHD, or RHD? Unfortunately, RHD (UK) won't work because they are aimed at the "passenger" seat.
If they ARE LHD, then the next question will be if they are heated or not (5 pin electrical connector).

The part number for the one I need is: 87940-33080 (driver's side, LHD, with heated glass)

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
The part number for the one I need is: 87940-333080 (driver's side, LHD, with heated glass)
Take one 3 off, here you have in Sweden:

or buy a new one: Genuine Toyota 87940-33080-E2 (8794033080E2) MIRROR ASSY, OUTER REAR VIEW, LH

The rest 2 marks are the color. I don’t know what’s yours.

·
Premium Member
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you, FinnJ!!

It is interesting how I can go to Amayama, and Carmarka, and Japan Parts.com, and one year they'll all tell me that the part is NLA. Then, one year later one of them will have it. I have had this experience on a few parts. In fact, it happened with Toyota a few times too.

Makes me wonder how new parts get into their systems, as time goes by, since the date codes on the parts, once I receive them, are clearly from 10+ years ago (meaning the parts were not made recently).

I guess that when a part is down to the last 1 or 2 in the world, that stuff sometimes gets lost, and then turns up later, and it can become a matter of luck whether one becomes available at any particular time or other. Kind of like searching auto jumbles for a rare, missing lamp fitting for a vintage car: you've gotta go back year after year until one turns up.

Either that, or a week from now they'll refund my money and say sorry (that has happened on several occasions, as well).

I've placed the order and will see how it turns out.
thanks again,
Norm

1 - 6 of 6 Posts