Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While putting in a CAI in my 2007 FJ, I cracked this piece. Can anyone tell me what the official name is so I can replace it? Hard part to find.
Hope all are well and thanks!
Matt
Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Automotive tire
Automotive tire Electrical wiring Cable Gas Wire

· Registered
779 Posts
The hose appears to be "Hose, Ventilation, No. 2" which is the fresh air breather for the PCV system. The fitting is either part of your aftermarket intake or came from the original airbox. Since the fitting is downstream from the MAF sensor, it is important that there is not a leak here.

If it is the original Toyota fitting, then from looking at the Toyota parts catalogue for the original intake, it appears that this fitting isn't available separately and would require buying a whole new OEM airbox to get the fitting which is around $750usd. Perhaps either contact the maker of your aftermarket intake to see if they can supply the fitting, otherwise an autowrecker might be a good option to get just the fitting at a reasonable price.

If all else fails, if you know someone who has a lathe and some skills, perhaps they could make an aluminum fitting to fit the grommet with the end having a male or female NPT pipe thread, then buy a generic elbow and hose nipple to screw in.

· Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The hose appears to be "Hose, Ventilation, No. 2" which is the fresh air breather for the PCV system. The fitting is either part of your aftermarket intake or came from the original airbox. Since the fitting is downstream from the MAF sensor, it is important that there is not a leak here.

If it is the original Toyota fitting, then from looking at the Toyota parts catalogue for the original intake, it appears that this fitting isn't available separately and would require buying a whole new OEM airbox to get the fitting which is around $750usd. Perhaps either contact the maker of your aftermarket intake to see if they can supply the fitting, otherwise an autowrecker might be a good option to get just the fitting at a reasonable price.

If all else fails, if you know someone who has a lathe and some skills, perhaps they could make an aluminum fitting to fit the grommet with the end having a male or female NPT pipe thread, then buy a generic elbow and hose nipple to screw in.
Thank you so much for responding. So much more info than I was expecting. Really appreciate it. Be well!

· Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you so much for responding. So much more info than I was expecting. Really appreciate it. Be well!
[/QUOTE

I found the part!! It wasn’t on Ebay one day, the next day it was there! Thanks again!

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.