Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
lets work this out together,is your camera or radio having a nervous breakdown?
or was your coffee or energy drink too much? now back to the radio,the station is set on FM1, I,m going to go out on a limb here and say,K Rock since your from Boston or Sirius,plug and play and preset is FM1. Did I Win??????:clap:

·
Premium Member
8,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nope - the FJammer just wasn't displaying station lol

yesterday I turned it off, and all lights/display went out but music kept playing :D

·
Premium Member
9,345 Posts
Mine did that the other day. I assumed it was because it was 101 degrees outside and felt like 151 inside the cabin. It came back after the cabin cooled down.

·
Premium Member
1,359 Posts
Mine used to do that frequently until I just stopped listening to the radio and only using my Zune.:D

But really, one thing I have noticed that seems to help is if you pull out on the volume knob after pressing it to turn the FJammer either on or off you can hear something click back in place and it doesn't seem to freak out. I got used to not having any control over it until I tried that. I'm sure it could get you a warranty replacement if you really wanted to.

·
Banned
2,984 Posts
Mine does the very same thing, in addition to a bunch of other stuff. The display will be dark, like it's off, but the music will be playing (I can't switch stations, songs, or anything else). All I do when it starts going screwy is turn the unit off and back on again. It may take a couple of times, but it will eventually work.

Then go to the dealership when it does this (hopefully you are close to one) and have them order you a new one per warranty.

·
fka fatbrat40
2,488 Posts
I have had this happen as well, also I will not be able to turn the volume up or down
with the raido nob only with the sterring wheel button..sometimes when I have turned the unit off I can't turn it back on again? wtbuck is going on with this contraption

·
Registered
190 Posts
the lights for my fjammer have gone out a few times now (first started when the cruiser was no more than 4 months old)...i can still use all the functions when the lights are out...

i've discovered that quickly turning the jammer on and off a few times will get the lights to come back on eventually.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Hmm - won't turn off, strange events....no wonder it's called 'Jammer'....I would be worried if you start to hear the theme from the exorcist.... :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts