Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am seeing a lot of the long multi-led lights that are being mounted To The roof racks and to brush guards/ bull bars, but I have not seen anyone that has mounted one directly to their OEM bumper.
Anyone seen this and/or have pictures?

·
Premium Member
13,321 Posts
I have a few varieties... :lol:

EDIT- sorry didnt see OEM bumper- these could work as really any LED bar/ light

·
Registered
343 Posts
For my next light Mod, I was thinking of either running a 20" Rigid Led in the lower grill section, but since my state requires a front plate, I may run a pair of dually flush mounts on the outside edges of the lower grill. Need to do some more research and mock ups to see which way I will go. I am thinking the Dually's just to avoid the no plate headache.

·
Premium Member
10,851 Posts
Looks great. Any details on the install or more pics? Did u have to fab a custom bracket below the bumper skin to support the bar.
G'day,
I didn't have to mod anything. The OEM bumper is strong enough to support the weight of the LED bar. I simply measured to centre, drilled two M6 holes into the bumper, and bolted the LED bar onto the bumper.
The only thing to remember is to bring the bar as far forward as possible to clear the upper grille.
Cheers
Baz
:cheers::blueblob:

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Looks great. Any details on the install or more pics? Did u have to fab a custom bracket below the bumper skin to support the bar.
If you get under the bumper you can see and feel the metal part of the OEM bumper is pre-drilled for lights to be installed , I doubt however they would line up for the mounting of a LED bar but good to locate them before drilling holes if you happened to catch the edge of one of the holes it could pull the drill and make a mess of the facia.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts