Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive noticed that prices on tires that fit 15 inch rims are much cheaper than my 17 inch stealies. Can 15 inch wheels run on fjs? If so are there any problems? Thanks for your help guys.

·
Premium Member
4,828 Posts
Ive noticed that prices on tires that fit 15 inch rims are much cheaper than my 17 inch stealies. Can 15 inch wheels run on fjs? If so are there any problems? Thanks for your help guys.
Can't be done unless you want to change out the hubs, brakes at least. In fact, many 16" rims won't fit.

Take a look through this section of the forum and you will find a great number of threads related to problems with 16" wheels due to rubbing on the calipers...

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
yes u can run 16's with no problems.just gotta make sure u get the ones made for toyota.older tacoma wheels fit with no problem a few members are runnng them.

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
yes u can run 16's with no problems.just gotta make sure u get the ones made for toyota.older tacoma wheels fit with no problem a few members are runnng them.
true, Some (Very few) 16's will fit, in fact the trd alloys are 16's but that is as low as you can go. 15 are not possible.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What kind of mods did you have to make in order for the 15 inch wheels to fit properly?

·
965 Posts

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
What kind of mods did you have to make in order for the 15 inch wheels to fit properly?
15" wheels won't fit over the front brakes on an IFS FJC. I run a solid front axle and that's why they fit. Prior to the SAC I ran the 16" steel wheels that you can buy at Wheeler's Off Road.

Your just evil at times.
Just having a little fun on a Monday morning. :)

·
Registered
239 Posts
Not unless you got HUGE wheels spacers where the brakes wouldn't even be within the wheel anymore. Point is....15s won't fit.

·
Registered
2007 FJC 4x4.
9,987 Posts
Yes. 4" spacers might get it. Probably need 6" ones though.

·
Registered
2007 FJC 4x4.
9,987 Posts
I would just buy 16 spidertrax spacers.....4 per wheel.

That has to offset the cost of those 15" tires no? :lol:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts