Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
I almost bought these tires. I can't give you what you're looking for, someone who has them installed. All I can tell you is that I was offered $200 per tire from a Bridgestone dealer and I've heard decent reviews. I ended up going with 10 ply Nitto Terra Grapplers from a Chevy dealership of all places for $160 a tire.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Which tire is more aggressive looking? The Revos or the Terra Grapplers. My original choice was to go with the Terra Grapplers since they are rather inexpensive. But when I mentioned that to a friend who used to sell tires, he said that the Terra Grapplers were just cheap toyo's and wouldn't recommend them??? Everyone else on this forum seems to think otherwise.

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
Which tire is more aggressive looking? The Revos or the Terra Grapplers. My original choice was to go with the Terra Grapplers since they are rather inexpensive. But when I mentioned that to a friend who used to sell tires, he said that the Terra Grapplers were just cheap toyo's and wouldn't recommend them??? Everyone else on this forum seems to think otherwise.
I can tell you that the Terra Grapplers look awesome on my FJ and are more aggressive looking than the Revos. The dealer who sold me mine said that Nitto can cost less because they're still a relatively new tire maker and don't have the BIG name like BFG or Goodyear. They're still building their reputation. I've known a couple people who have Nittos and love them. I've only got 1200 miles on mine so far, but they are hardly any louder than the stock Dueler craps, look much better and go through dirt and mud much better!

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Can someone tell me their thoughts on this tire?
I've been rolling on Revos for over 2 years now and have not had a problem with them. They are not noisy, they performed rather well for me during the past 2 winters here in the mountains of Utah. They worked flawlessy in my trips to Moab, and hitting the hills/trails in the mountains. I'm not sure how well they would perform in deep muddy situations, because I try to avoid mud like it has a layer of Hanti-virus on it. Personally, I wouldn't hesitate in purchasing these tires again, and no, I do not work for Bridgestone.:)

Just my $.03

-Devin

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
Who sells the Terra grabbers?
I got mine at a local Chevy dealership but I know Discount Tire also sells them.

I went to the Chevy dealership because they offered me the best price on 10 plies, about $40 cheaper per tire.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I've been nothing but happy with my Revo's. I got the 285's on without a lift since March (not recommended). I've noticed a rub when breaking hard on a turn, but otherwise not a problem. I managed to get the tires for 10% over cost from a friend who works at Bridgestone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts