Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I caught a quick glimpse of a whitish FJ with a full, manned, roof-top gun turret on the news this morning. It was in the middle of fighting in Libya. Anyone else see this? I'm pretty sure it was on NBC.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know, I caught enough to think "that was awesome" and it was gone. I know in the rest of the news report they were showing what cities were held by which forces and showing the cities in red, green or black. I just can't find the news story anywhere online.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Was this a FJ40 or FJC? I'm guessing it was a FJC. If so, I wanna see too!

·
Premium Member
8,988 Posts
I didn't see it but I bet it has fender bulges. :rofl:

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was an FJC. It looked all white, but it wasn't the best video... and it was in the desert.

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
Probably not. But she'll do!:cheers:

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
Found it i think but its not an FJC its older heres the link

msnbc.com Video Player

its on the screen for about 2.5 seconds but its 2:44 into the video

·
Registered
599 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Looks like your standard (not!) issue African Helix technical to me. Especially the first pic. The pic were it is firing is blocked by the NBC video banner on my screen. Whatever the vehicle is in the second (firing) photo it appears to have four full-sized doors.

We may have it bad folks. When we think we see an FJ in a 2.5 sec clip of grainy video it kinda says it all doesn't it?

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nope, that wasn't it. It was in a view of a street with desert and fighting beyond and the FJ came into view from the left side of the screen for just a bit before they cut to another view. I've got it bad enough to at least not confuse a Hilux with and FJ... I've been looking for that clip since then on the news and online and still haven't found it.

Reactions: gunpdr

·
fka trailman
849 Posts
that was a four door with a pick up bed. dont think its an fj but it did look like it sau=id toyota on the tail gate

·
Formerly FJ_Marine
6,237 Posts
Nope, that wasn't it. It was in a view of a street with desert and fighting beyond and the FJ came into view from the left side of the screen for just a bit before they cut to another view. I've got it bad enough to at least not confuse a Hilux with and FJ... I've been looking for that clip since then on the news and online and still haven't found it.
I think he is talking about a different clip than what has been posted.

·
fka trailman
849 Posts
oh...........ok then i would like that mod

1 - 17 of 17 Posts