Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2012 FJ has been retired from every day use into a mountain truck where 90% of miles will be on gravel and dirt roads up to 45 mph where tires are subject to stone damage. I am switching from P to LT tires and wonder if any one has had any experience with Nankang AT-5 Conqueror A/T LT265/70R17 121S E which are much cheaper than most others?

My FJ is stock other than a home made roof rack made from some free Thule rails that I got at a yard sale and drilled to fit the existing roof mount holes for a total cost of about $5 for mounting bolts. I run canoes and few available roof racks provide enough spread to handle a canoe. Please excuse the dirty truck as it just came off the mountain.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Never heard of them BUT I never heard of Nitto when I first tried them and they turned out to be a great tire. So give them a try and let us know how they are. :)

·
Registered
523 Posts
Have no experience with their truck tires, but ran a few ienxpnsive road tire sets on a GTI back in the late 80's. Not much help now, but in my experience they are a decent budget Taiwanese manufacturer.

After trying Goodyears on my Jeep, GMC, and Tacoma (MTR2, Silent Armor, and Duracrap) I would try the Nankang over any GY any day.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I really wanted to try the Nankang AT-5, but I was able to get a set of 5 Nankang Mudstars for $800 OTD. I’m very impressed with this tire in size 285/75r16. They balanced perfect with zero vibrations at 80mph. They ride very soft for an E rated tire.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts