Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 40 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
OHV FJ said:
:iamwithstupid:
i have a bunch of zip ties and a glock shovel i can bring. Dont forget your spare mudd terrains in case it rains and a snowcone machine in case its hot! I know of a great breakfast place in compton, if your interested bring your own shovel.... :sex:
cool. i'll pick up my homies while i'm in the hood along with some 40's of old'E.

·
Registered
123 Posts
OHV FJ said:
Ok so whats the deal for saturday? I am down for getting there early, like around 8 or so. Also can someone post some real directions on where to go?? Never been there before...
8 is good for me.

make your way to the Hwy 14 which is off the 5 north. Take the Antelope Valley Freeway (Hwy. 14) and exit at Sand Canyon. Go north on Sand Canyon to Sierra Highway and turn right. Take Sierra Highway approximately five miles to Rush Canyon access Road. Look for the Rowher Flat sign on the left-hand side of the road.

I've never been there either so.....don't know where to eat either. i'll do a search and see if there's any Denny's or somethin...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
leejam99 said:
cool. i'll pick up my homies while i'm in the hood along with some 40's of old'E.
haha sweet! you bring the 40's i'll bring the .40's! instead of airing down the tires we can just shoot them out!! :armed:

·
Registered
150 Posts
me plus fiance, she has never been out off roading like this before. :D trial by fire!

·
Premium Member
1,423 Posts
Though I can't make it with you folks, I do live in the area and can tell you that there are a couple of good breakfast places in the general vicinity (within 7 or 8 miles or so)

One is the Canyon Cafe, on Soledad Canyon Rd. just east of Sierra Hwy, and there's also an IHOP on the same street just west of Sierra.

·
Premium Member
2,793 Posts
OHV FJ said:
How about Ocotillo wells?? anyone have any information on that place? i know the area it is in but how about the terrain of the place?
Even though you guys have already decided, and this post is like 3 days old, I still wanted to chime in, just in case you decide to go to ocotillo in the future.

You definitely would NOT want to go there this time of year. Even late in the summer it will be 105-110 F solid all day.

This fall and winter I promise there will be a ton of trips out there, here in San Diego we have a big Toyota following. I'll try and remember to cross post all the trips I hear about in here. Ocotillo is an amazing place, you should not miss it! Even if you are in L.A. it is a must see.

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
OK, you guys who have lived here awhile. Tell me how long will it take me to get there from Hemet? Do I have to leave the house at 5:00 am?
I guess gas up when I am up there?

mike

·
Registered
127 Posts
Ok, I dont feel like reading all the posts....sorry.

Is NE1 still going to rowher...?? oops that didnt sound right. Is NE1 going to the OFF ROAD place called Rowher? If it's still on, I'm game.
Need time, place, etc.

dk

·
Premium Member
1,423 Posts
mbisson said:
OK, you guys who have lived here awhile. Tell me how long will it take me to get there from Hemet? Do I have to leave the house at 5:00 am?
I guess gas up when I am up there?

mike
Here's a link to a google map. http://www.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&saddr=hemet+ca&daddr=+34°29'58.81"N+118°22'55.26"W&ie=UTF8&z=9&ll=34.09361,-117.737732&spn=1.041717,1.873169&om=1

The "end" point on the map doesn't show a road, but I confirmed in Google Earth (which is seperate from google maps) that this is the exact GPS coordinates of the trailhead off of Sierra Hwy.

Looks like you're looking at an approximately 2.5 hour drive.

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Yea, I did mapquest last nite. Now I just need to get up early enough. That get tough on us retired guys.:zzz:

·
Registered
150 Posts
there is a denny's off sand canyon south of the 14 frwy and a cocos on the north side. what time does everyone want to meet and whats the eatery preference?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
ibtravis said:
Ill meet you there. bring the minivan:alf: :bandit: :ninja: :slant: :jawdrop: :flame: :roller: :) :thinkerg: :habbobuggs: :mofo: :pinklove: :boohoo: :zzz:
Think the golf cart will fit on the roof rack?? hehe :fart: :stickpoke:

·
Registered
150 Posts
bump.

21 - 40 of 131 Posts