Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just found out about this and bummed its full up already..

are there any plans to add more capacity?

how about a waiting list?

·
Registered
962 Posts
WOW... next year I might have to get a few extra and auction them off a few weeks before the Summit!

(This is a joke, for all of you tight wads and folks who think then need to stick their nose into everything!!)

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Just show up at the Summit anyways. You can go on the trails; always other groups of people going out on trails. You can still buy raffle tickets for the big give away. You can still hang around the hotel area and see all the cool FJ's and hang out.

·
Premium Member
2,793 Posts
Just show up at the Summit anyways. You can go on the trails; always other groups of people going out on trails. You can still buy raffle tickets for the big give away. You can still hang around the hotel area and see all the cool FJ's and hang out.
Don't do that, that's a terrible idea and here's why. As organizers of the event, we make deals with the city, the forest service, the hotel, and our insurance company about who will be where and how many people there will be at the event. The second year we didn't limit the number of registrants and we had far too many people. Ask anyone at year #2, we ran out of food, the trail runs were a mess and it ruined the otherwise amazing experience for a lot of people (including the organizers).

We have limits now for this reason. We are not allowed to have over a certain number of people on the trails, so if we break that the forest service can pull our permit. If someone not registered does something stupid around the home base of the FJSummit and hurts themselves or someone else, what do we do about our event insurance?

I know it seems like a funny idea to just crash the event, but think about someone else before yourself for just a second. Putting on a huge event like this is not easy, and we do our best to make it great for everyone. This includes limiting the number of people. We truly wish everyone could come, and up until this year we have never had a problem with selling out the event. Now that it has happened we'll think about what we can do for next year, but for now we have to play with the cards we were dealt. As organizers we hate the idea of turning people away, we truly do, but it is best for the entire event in this case.

My plead is with those people who won't be able to show up. We get cancellations each year, but lots of times we just have people not show up without telling us, so for those people, please tell us so we can transfer your registration slot to someone else who wants to go.

·
Premium Member
1,901 Posts
You probably have nothing to worry about, more will open up as people cancel. Last year sold out fairly quickly and 2 weeks before the event I could have registered

·
Premium Member
2,100 Posts
We are working on adding a few more slots, but as Wikid said if you are not going to be able to make it, let us know so we can slide someone else in.

This is a free country for sure, and you can go to the Ouray area, but just showing up and running the trails can possilby cause problems down the road, this is a fantastic event, I ask that next year you plan in advance. Some will get left out this year, but as a group we need to protect the Summit for future years to come.

But keep watching and checking, cancellations, possible added slots may appear at any time.

Bob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts