Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody run a vin report for me by any chance? If so please let me know. Thanks!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I used this site as well when I was doing basic research, as it was free up to so many uses a day/month. Then I pulled a full CarFax on vehicles I was really interested in.
Free VIN Check Reports and VIN Check
I found a few different resources is always good. Even just googling the VIN can find sale listings or auctions the vehicles been in. Just double check the results, as a random google search will also return advertisements that use a picture of a similar looking vehicle. Basically click bait for VINs, lol. So confirm that the VIN is the same as the result you’re looking at when you search using google. I actually found two FJ’s that were on my short list due to price were auctioned off. And both were flood recoveries. That fact wasn’t showing up through my normal vin check. It might have on carfax though, idk. That’s why I used several resources to check prior to paying for the carfax. But definitely do a car fax before you buy. Dealers will normally provide one for free, if they don’t you can request one. For private sales I’d always do your own, and confirm the vin on the vehicle, because you never know.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts