Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a copy of their programming file for the 8800R? I really don't understand all of the settings in the spreadsheet thing. Anyone? Anyone?

·
Full -N- Down
641 Posts
I don't, but I do have an FT-8800R on the way with software and other install equipment. I may also be interested in this as well. If for no other reason than for a reference for what I need to do.

I can't wait to get this thing installed. I've been using my VX-7r connected to an external antenna. It works, but not very easy to use while on the road. Teejeaux, are you happy with yours?

Keith
KL2JE

·
Premium Member
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm very happy with it. I've got the head mounted on the silver part of the dash just to the left of the steering wheel. The memories are WAY more than I actually need, and I'm not sure about some of them, but I've got a lot of it programmed now. The Hyper memories are all about the entire radio. So when you get your radio set on a couple of stations exactly how you like it, then program that to a hyper memory. When you press that button, it will put everything like you had it, all the way to changing which side has the MAIN access. The ones I haven't figured out are the Upper and Lower Limit and HOME memories. I just don't know what they are for.

I got a small speaker and mounted it directly below the head of the radio, and the bulk of the radio is under the drivers seat. I'll see if I can take a picture and post it later.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts