Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running a M/T tire that has managed to get over 50,000 miles on the set? If so, please list tire make and size. I'm looking for a somewhat aggressive looking tread but one that can handle high highway miles as well.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I'm at about 45,000 on my Firestone Destination MTs and see no reason why I wouldn't get at least another 20-30,000 out of them. They have gotten louder the more miles I've put on them but that's to be expected. I have them rotated every 5,000 miles and I don't rotate in the spare (even though I should).

I'm extremely happy with them.
:cheers:

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
52k on my second set of Mickey Thompson Baja Claws, probably 35% tread left on my worst one, Thing is I got the warranty through 4Wheel Parts, if a sidewall blows or is punctured before 50% tread is gone it's replaced for the price of mounting and balancing, 3 of mine have a lot more tread, Just going with the last original for the reference, and probably the quietest on road but most aggressive looking tire on the market.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'm at about 45,000 on my Firestone Destination MTs and see no reason why I wouldn't get at least another 20-30,000 out of them. They have gotten louder the more miles I've put on them but that's to be expected. I have them rotated every 5,000 miles and I don't rotate in the spare (even though I should).

I'm extremely happy with them.
:cheers:
I have about 33K on my Firestones, same thing.

·
fka gremlin2050
1,775 Posts
Here is a picture I took yesterday of my Toyo M/T's with 40k. I like to think I wheel my truck pretty hard...at least every other week. I only took the picture to note the nail :(

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
Another option might be the ProComp Extreme AT's. They have a fairly aggressive tread (between a typical AT and MT) but ride better/quieter on the highway. My first set lasted 90,000+ miles (bought a second set). I off-road quite a bit and am happy with the performance on and off road.

·
Registered
934 Posts
I have 61,287 mile on my Cooper SST mud terrains and I have about a 1/4 inch of tread left. I am guessing another 5000 out of them. They are still as quiest as the day they rolled out of Discount Tire. They are 285/75/17 and I will be replacing them with the same tire in a 295/75/17

·
Registered
44 Posts
YUP !!!! 50K.....TOYO Open Country Mud Terrains on my 2002 Dodge Cummins ! Awesome tires, great look and bite like crazy, heavy duty, and load range "E". They are 285/75/R16's....the only tire to have in my opinion...great all around and balance nicely, quiet on hwy for M/T

Rhoppe

1 - 14 of 14 Posts