Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for photo's of the interior roof without headliner. Have done search, but nothing I could use. What I'm doing : I've built an overhead console to house a CB, mobil scanner, powered speaker for them, & GPS unit. I'm now looking for the best way to mount to roof without hacking the headliner up too much or dropping the entire headliner to see exactly where the cross supports are. I want to try to use the rear view mirror mounting screws as one point & I think the first cross support for the roof is approx. 13 1/2" or 14" back from the rear view mount but not sure. If someone happens to have their headliner down for some reason(dynomating or whatever) could you please do me a favor & post a few pic.'s &/or mesurements?? Whould be of great help & save a ton of time. I'll be trying a long pin to find the support on Sunday morning, I want to do as little cutting as possable, but I'm sure I'll end up with much more than I thought. Pucker factor @ 9.5 just thinking about it. Thanks.......MAXXFJ:cheers:

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BTW...,Anyone know how much a replacement headliner from the dealer would cost? Just in case....

·
Registered
192 Posts
There is a good view in the "interior" chapter of the service manual. You can join the fjcruiser. cc forum and they have good place over there to download chapter. If not I can e-mail it to you but won't be able to until tomorrow night
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks, The pic.'s in "views above the headliner" should be good enough. Thats a monster gap between the liner & roof, those foam blocks look like 2". I'll need to figure out some kind of spacer I guess. Thanks for the reply's.
Wow, $1000. That would be a $$$$ mistake.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts