Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to circumstances beyond my control I had to leave the summit the morning after I arrived. SO to all those who did not get stickers, I am sorry, and you can PM me and I will send them right away.

Also, sorry I didn't make my trail runs, especially since I was supposed to tailgun on Friday morning. Apologies to whoever had to take on this responsiblity, hope it wasn't too bad.

I wish I had met everyone and been able to participate in everything, this is the second year in a row that I had to leave early and missed out on so much! Maybe next year will work out better.

:)

·
Banned
1,538 Posts
Once you left, we had counselors at the tent area and consoled those that couldn't cope. The rest of us left later that day as, with out you...it wasn't worth staying. We all drove back to our corners of the country slow, with our lights on....stickerless.

What sticker were you bringing again?

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Once you left, we had counselors at the tent area and consoled those that couldn't cope. The rest of us left later that day as, with out you...it wasn't worth staying. We all drove back to our corners of the country slow, with our lights on....stickerless.

what the hell brought that on? jerk.

·
Formerly FJ_Marine
6,237 Posts

Not sure if that was an attempt at humor but I think it was in poor taste.

Sorry to hear you had to leave Jen. Hope the reason you had is getting better.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not sure if that was an attempt at humor but I think it was in poor taste.

Sorry to hear you had to leave Jen. Hope the reason you had is getting better.
Thanks. I wasn't trying to be all self-important, just wanted to apologize if someone had to take up my slack on the tailgunning. Didn't know it would spark such a reaction.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Don't feel too bad, I had to miss the trip 100%.
Hope the cause of your short trip is better.
Hey, next year I will have to order a few stickers from ya, and I will show up late, so you'll have to wait for me before you go!
Take care.

·
Registered
5,045 Posts

No offense to Jen....I thought it was a joke, and you gotta admit, as a joke, it's funny. :)

Lighten up. :)

Remember: "Never mistake for malice that which can be attributed to stupidity". :lol:

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No offense to Jen....I thought it was a joke, and you gotta admit, as a joke, it's funny. :)

Lighten up. :)

Remember: "Never mistake for malice that which can be attributed to stupidity". :lol:
yeah, you're absolutely right, as a joke it's funny. guess I'm just not in the right mindset, maybe this :lol: would've helped me get it. :lol:

BTW, great quote about malice and stupidity, may have to borrow that one sometime. :)

·
Registered
467 Posts
Jenny,

I hope all is OK or will be soon! I did look for you to thank you in person, now I understand. I had several people ask me about the sticker when they saw mine on the trails. I told them about all the posts going back into last month.

Again, thanks for putting together such an awesome sticker. Once I get someplace with a better internet connection I will try to post a picture of mine!

Be well and happy!!

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
sorry you had to leave Jen,no wonder I couldn't find you to thank you in person.I hope all turns out well at home,you take care Jen.

·
Premium Member
914 Posts
Jen,
I'm sorry you had to leave early...thanks again for the stickers...you did a great job! I hope all is well with you...

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for all the well wishes, guys, wish I coulda met all of you at the Summit. Maybe next year... :)

·
Registered
835 Posts

Hey, that was a little rough.....kinda like getting the actual sticker off my truck.

No offense.....really....but if you are going to send hundreds of stickers to a forum meeting, you might try using some other kind of material than the guys that print the "park here again and you will be towed" stickers.

Has anyone else tried getting one of these off thier rig????:lol::lol:

I LOVED the convention....REALLY, and everyone put in a great effort INCLUDING the stickers. But SOMEONE had to say something.

I used a half bottle of something called Citrus Bang and half a roll of rags.
I have not even gone after the big one yet. Thank God it is on glass.

P.S. I would have LEFT IT ON if it conformed to even the slightest curve.

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
Sorry I didn't get a chance to thank ya for the sticker in person, Jen.

Maybe next year! Thanks again.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Sorry to hear your trip was cut short Jen. We missed getting to go but at least we knew a week ahead of time. If possible we are going to try to make a run up there in the early fall.

·
Banned
1,538 Posts
Sarcasm[A] is stating the opposite of an intended meaning especially in order to sneeringly, slyly, jest or mock a person, situation or thing. It is strongly associated with irony, with some definitions classifying it as a type of verbal irony intended to insult or wound. Sarcasm can also be used in a humorous or jesting way depending on the intent of the person speaking.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sarcasm[A] is stating the opposite of an intended meaning especially in order to sneeringly, slyly, jest or mock a person, situation or thing. It is strongly associated with irony, with some definitions classifying it as a type of verbal irony intended to insult or wound. Sarcasm can also be used in a humorous or jesting way depending on the intent of the person speaking.
OK. sneering, mocking, insulting, wounding, jesting, humoring. Doesn't matter, it's all pretty funny. Just wasn't so funny at the time I read it, but that's not your problem. :lol:

Savvyav, I can't believe you didn't miss me at the Summit, I was sure I would be the first person you would look for. How could you stay there knowing I wasn't around???

1 - 20 of 41 Posts