Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess there was a bit of chatter :)lol:) out on the trail yesterday regarding me and Boulder. I missed it of course, because it was on CB, and I only have FRS.

Actually, I have no idea what it was about other than me and something about Boulder, but I figured I'd take this opportunity to 'clear the air', just in case anyone's wondering (or interested)... ;)

I spend most of my waking hours in Boulder (at least Boulder County).
For example, I work @ CU-Boulder. Most of my 1.5 hour daily commute is within the bounds of Boulder County, and on the weekends, I'm usually out hiking, rock-climbing, off-roading, etc somewhere in Boulder County, if not the City.

So, where do I live?
Well, it's a bit nebulous, I guess. So, since I prefer to be in Boulder (it's a mountain kinda thing), and since most of the time during which I'm actually awake and aware of my surroundings is spent there, I say "~Boulder".

Where is the house which I own (where I sleep, and then do other things with a small portion of my waking hours)?
Oh ...well, that's in Frederick (Certainly no offense meant toward Frederick. It's a great little town. It's just where we were able to buy a house).

steven

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Steven - some friends of my dad live in Frederick. That is a nice little town. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Sorry Steven, didn't mean to put you on the defensive, just waxing poetic about The Republic of Boulder, of which I was a member for 16 years. You got chops for living in Frederick :) You and Karen were two of the reasons yesterday was so pleasant. Look forward to seeing you again sooner than later.

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
:stickpoke: Hey as much as Bill and I can't stand the smell of Hippies:fart:...we still love Boulder:simmadown:

Unfortunately our CB was only working half the time....or when it was working we had the radio cranked...so we missed it...but now that I think of it..how did you hear it????? :cowfrown::rofl::rofl:

We had a great time..and Bill's very interested in what you guys were talkin about. I'd be very interested myself.:rocker:

See you soon!

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry Steven, didn't mean to put you on the defensive
Oh..not defensive at all....just puttin it out there FYI.

...The Republic of Boulder...
Ya, I know....a lot of people don't like it because it's too liberal or whatever. For me, since I lived the other way (not just amoung the other way, but as the other way) for so many years, it was a bit refreshing, actually. Of course, I'm not into all of the so-called alternative religious stuff around here, but I'm not into the traditional either....I'm just not religious - and since most folks around here are a bit more tollerant and compasionate than my prior experience with humans, it worls out. :)

You got chops for living in Frederick :)
Haha....chops...is that like balls? :lol:

You and Karen were two of the reasons yesterday was so pleasant. Look forward to seeing you again sooner than later.:cheers:
Likewise, bud. :bigthumb:

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Boulder is a killer place. I was lucky to attend CU for a semester before I left for San Diego. I still love Boulder and miss it.
Ya. I miss it every time I go away too. Since we moved here a little over 7 years ago, it's always nice that when vacation is over and we have to go home, we get to go home to here. :)

Let me know if you ever bring your FJ out here and we can hook up on the area trails.

steven

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
...but now that I think of it..how did you hear it?????
I don't know.....somehow, I recall a voice coming over FRS saying something like, "Hey Steven, they're talking about you and something to do with Boulder". hehehe :)

We had a great time..and Bill's very interested in what you guys were talkin about. I'd be very interested myself.:rocker:
See you soon!
Same here. Great time!

Hey, I'm not sure if this is what you're talking about, but if you guys ever want to go for a paleo-FJ trip of some sort, just let me know. We'll try to get something set up - maybe a little weekend trip with a little hunting and a little trail-running.

steven

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
I don't know.....somehow, I recall a voice coming over FRS saying something like, "Hey Steven, they're talking about you and something to do with Boulder". hehehe :)

Same here. Great time!

Hey, I'm not sure if this is what you're talking about, but if you guys ever want to go for a paleo-FJ trip of some sort, just let me know. We'll try to get something set up - maybe a little weekend trip with a little hunting and a little trail-running.

steven

that sounds awesome:rocker: let's do it

·
Registered
876 Posts
The comment was that bad at all, I heard it and I was behind a tree tending to nature. I think someone said you were cool even though you were from Boulder. Eric replied that you weren't techincally from Boulder, but from Frederick so we couldn't villainize you too much.

There was much more chatter going on about me cleaning out my shorts coming down Red Elephant and almost sliding off, yeah I heard that too Billy!!! :D

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The comment was that bad at all, I heard it and I was behind a tree tending to nature. I think someone said you were cool even though you were from Boulder. Eric replied that you weren't techincally from Boulder, but from Frederick so we couldn't villainize you too much.

There was much more chatter going on about me cleaning out my shorts coming down Red Elephant and almost sliding off, yeah I heard that too Billy!!! :D
Haha! That's great. :)
I love you guys.

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
that sounds awesome:rocker: let's do it
Any chance you'd want to try to do something before Summit, or should we hold off for a while and try to do something in the fall, or what?

steven

p.s. Of course, I'll PM or e-mail or phone or whatever once we get to actually planning, whenver that comes around.

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
Any chance you'd want to try to do something before Summit, or should we hold off for a while and try to do something in the fall, or what?

steven

p.s. Of course, I'll PM or e-mail or phone or whatever once we get to actually planning, whenver that comes around.
anytime after May will work...and ofcourse we'd have to leave out July15-21 otherwise any other time would be great!

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Eric replied that you weren't techincally from Boulder, but from Frederick so we couldn't villainize you too much.
I think it was "villify", but damn good memory:thinkerg:! Even I couldn't remember what I said :twak:

Why wait? I just finished a surface processes class, so I've been wanting to get out and see what the heck we were talking about in class for 12 weeks!

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
Steve, Bill thinks we should wait until after the summit....

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Steve, Bill thinks we should wait until after the summit....
Ok, cool.
We're more freed up in August as well.
So, it shouldn't be too hard to work otu something then.

steven

·
Registered
1,552 Posts

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Why wait? I just finished a surface processes class, so I've been wanting to get out and see what the heck we were talking about in class for 12 weeks!
Sounds cool.
Sorry I waited so long to respond (look at me....I don't even have an excuse). :silly:

Well, PM me and we'll do something sometime.

steven

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Sounds cool.
Sorry I waited so long to respond (look at me....I don't even have an excuse). :silly:

Well, PM me and we'll do something sometime.

steven
No worries, This week turned out to be quite busy, I'm off to Moab on Monday for a week and start full time classes on June 2. Looks Like July is the first time I'll be free!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts