Premium Member
18,479 Posts
The tires sure do sing don't they? :)

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The tires sure do sing don't they? :)
Yes, they sing like a bi-plane. (the swampers)

Jo2...yes they do have a bit of concave.

Glad you guys approve.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Real nice setup, those wheels are relatively new? arent they?
I'm pretty sure they have been available for 2-3 years...at least 2. I bought them used so I'm not exactly sure.

·
Premium Member
16,793 Posts
Nice tires. mine is 16 inch come in on some black pro comp wheels on tuesday. We should start a super swamper LTB in 34x10.50 thread. I know of FJamming, bmthiker, you and soon to be me.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,793 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
When you start to roll away slowly, you can feel the lugs hit the pavement. Lug...... lug.... lug.. lug. luglug.luglugluglugluglug :rofl: I'm going to try 12 psi this weekend at the Meet and Greet trail run. at 15psi they are still a bit too stiff.

·
Premium Member
16,793 Posts
When you start to roll away slowly, you can feel the lugs hit the pavement. Lug...... lug.... lug.. lug. luglug.luglugluglugluglug :rofl: I'm going to try 12 psi this weekend at the Meet and Greet trail run. at 15psi they are still a bit too stiff.

You are running just regular toyota steel wheels too? My jeep buddy that recommended these wheels said he usually runs 12 psi on his TJ with no bead locks. It seems as though since they are 8 ply (i think the 34x10.50 is 8) tires that even when deflated the sidewalls are still pretty stiff on them.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
You are running just regular toyota steel wheels too? My jeep buddy that recommended these wheels said he usually runs 12 psi on his TJ with no bead locks. It seems as though since they are 8 ply (i think the 34x10.50 is 8) tires that even when deflated the sidewalls are still pretty stiff on them.
I'm running the Tacoma rims. I don't know if you can see it, when this picture was taken, the tires are at 18psi. Supposedly they will soften up as they age. I'm at 3,000 miles now. That was taken at about 100 miles.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
looks like time to find some mud and try em out

·
Premium Member
16,793 Posts
I'm running the Tacoma rims. I don't know if you can see it, when this picture was taken, the tires are at 18psi. Supposedly they will soften up as they age. I'm at 3,000 miles now. That was taken at about 100 miles.

That is 18 PSI !?! They look fully inflated. Dang, my bfg's start flexing out at 25 psi. I was going to run them at 20 tomorrow on a ride.

I asked the place i am getting them, and another Interco dealer in town about dynabeads and they said they didn't like them much. Says they only really start to work once you get up to about 45 mph. Which makes sense seeing as how they were designed for 18 wheeler and RV tires.
Are you running dynabeads or wheel weights?

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
That is 18 PSI !?! They look fully inflated. Dang, my bfg's start flexing out at 25 psi. I was going to run them at 20 tomorrow on a ride.

I asked the place i am getting them, and another Interco dealer in town about dynabeads and they said they didn't like them much. Says they only really start to work once you get up to about 45 mph. Which makes sense seeing as how they were designed for 18 wheeler and RV tires.
Are you running dynabeads or wheel weights?
They are 4 ply sidewalls so they are stiff! 18 looks like that. 15 looks a little bit better. They work earlier then that. As soon as you can spin the tires fast enough that the bead move outward, they start to work. Really, you care about tire balance when you're moving faster anyway right? I still have my weights right now, but beads will be ordered. I'm debating to install Monster Valves on the current wheels or wait for beadlocks... My tires are badly out of balanced now. I probably spinned my tires on the rim. No blown beads yet though. I might just yank all the weights off. I don't think the tires are balanced at the moment. :rofl:

·
Premium Member
16,660 Posts
Looks nice!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts