Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've found a few threads, both mostly, non ARB threads scattered amongst the forum search answering my question- but where have you guys located your ARB compressor for air lockers? Keep in mind, a lot of us have dual batteries (I'm assuming most of you with air lockers do also). I also need to take into account room for my cold air intake, a large main battery, and a supercharger. I saw somebody found placement near the main fuse box, it looks to be functional, and is probably where mine will end up- but since I did not see a compilation of location photos, I was wondering if you've done this mod, if you could post up the location of your compressor in your engine compartment. I'm not really looking to put the compressor in my cargo space. I enjoy keeping my FJ more luxurious in the interior.

Thanks!

·
0 Posts
This is in my 4runner, but I suspect it is similar to the FJC:

My friend made me a compressor mount for my ARB compressor. Turned out really nice. Utilized all but one factory hole.

First- just sitting it in there to check for alignment after removing the bolts that will be used:

All bolted up, took me about an hour start to finish:

·
Premium Member
861 Posts
This works pretty well for me:

The compressor fits like a glove in this location. It was orginally mounted on the left fender well (where ARB shows it on their website) but it was really tight in there after the S/C install, so we moved it to the right. No problem with the aux battery but this mounting site would probably preclude a cold air intake. I consider the CAI more of a "bling" mod anyway so I don't have any problem foregoing it. I may go with a snorkel at some point (the true "cold air intake" (see elsewhere in the forums)), and I don't expect any interference from this compressor install with that. By the way, the mounting plate utilizes existing holes/threads in the fender well, so we didn't have to punch anymore holes in it.

·
Premium Member
1,983 Posts
Same here

1 - 4 of 4 Posts