Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to let you know, ARB have said the Bull Bar for the FJ cruiser is not 100%compatable with the 2010 FJ Cruisers.

The bar will bolt on, but you will have to move and or fabricate the water bottle mounting and some other items. It's been done already, and not impossible, but you will have to do some extra work.

ARB have also said they do not plan on making a 2010 specific Bull Bar anytime in the near future.

Thx
Steve

·
Titanium Pearl
890 Posts
Just to let you know, ARB have said the Bull Bar for the FJ cruiser is not 100%compatable with the 2010 FJ Cruisers.

The bar will bolt on, but you will have to move and or fabricate the water bottle mounting and some other items. It's been done already, and not impossible, but you will have to do some extra work.

ARB have also said they do not plan on making a 2010 specific Bull Bar anytime in the near future.

Thx
Steve
I was down at ARB last week and was talking to one of the guys there about the 2010 FJ. They said they are currently looking for someone with a stock 2010 FJ for them to measure out and get the specs. So if anybody from the Seattle area is interested I would suggest getting in contact with somebody @ ARB in Renton.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was down at ARB last week and was talking to one of the guys there about the 2010 FJ. They said they are currently looking for someone with a stock 2010 FJ for them to measure out and get the specs. So if anybody from the Seattle area is interested I would suggest getting in contact with somebody @ ARB in Renton.
That would be really cool if someone did this, I know in the past ARB had to send entire vehicle to OZ to get measured. ARB is doing some stuff pro-actively now, they were looking to make stuff for the Xterra and now a 2010 FJ bar would be great. Would of already had orders for the 2010 4runner, but that would be a while.....

For the potential guinea pig ARB's phone # is 425-264-1391, I dial it waaaay to many times during the day, good people.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Great info... I was thinking about ordering one. Glad I didn't pull the trigger. Hopefully in a year or so they'll have one that works with the '10 and beyond models.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I had the current model installed on my 2010. The waterbottle was the only issue. Pic at left.
One shot,

what did you do with your rock guard or "skid plate". The skid plate doesn't reach the two mounting bolts on the 2010 engine skid. Also this needs to be convienent for removal as the oil filter is accessed through that stock engine skid.

My arb bumper is on and I jury rigged the skid plate up with giant zip ties to protect the radiator during FJ summit and worked great (not much if any load on the zips so fair compromise for quick fix)..............until I needed oil change and now just trying to figure out best way to permanently fix.

Also the ARB guys are great and so too is the bumper. I constantly get compliments and ARB had wished I was local to do the install for me so someone needs to take advantage.

Bottle fix will come and hopefully too so will the Ricochet skid plate option and all will be perfect.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Last update ~ ARB have redesigned the bull bar for all the models. Now you have to buy and extra adaptor kit if your rig is pre 2010 or a 2010 there are different part #'s now. So if you have been waiting, you are now GTG. Of course it's more $$ but not that much.

Thanks!
Steve

·
Registered
655 Posts
Last update ~ ARB have redesigned the bull bar for all the models. Now you have to buy and extra adaptor kit if your rig is pre 2010 or a 2010 there are different part #'s now. So if you have been waiting, you are now GTG. Of course it's more $$ but not that much.

Thanks!
Steve
Any Pictures?

:cheers:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts