Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who where interested in the ARB Bull Bar for the FJC. Here is a reply to my message from ARB about the Bull Bar. I was hoping for a bit more information, but this will do.

My Message:

I have ordered a Toyota FJ Cruiser and saw the pictures of the ARB Bull bar from SEMA. I was wondering if you could share any information about the product. How long after the March release will the bull bar be available? Will the production bull bar look like the one from SEMA?

Any information you could share would be greatly appreciated.

ARB's Reply:

We are hoping to have the bar available in April. We'll put you on our notify list.

·
Registered
92 Posts
that sounds about right...give as little information as possible and make us wait for EVERY detail. I think ARB is on Toyota's payroll!!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
This will be the first add on I buy for my fj. Unfortunately due to the weight
of the ARB bumper and winch, one has to also put those donahoe coilovers
up front-another $950.00. thank you very much...

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
ARB Bull Bar - about a grand
Donohoe Coil Overs - $950
FJ Cruiser - $22-$28K...

Seeing a guy driving a ricer crap himself when you pull up behind him going a little fast at a stoplight... PRICELESS!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Hopefully ARB will be smart and actually deliver something. I've been bugging ARB for an 03+ 4runner bumper since 2002 with nothing. I've got every email template possible from them w/ various dates. Very dissapointed but hopefully this will change with the FJ. Since the platform is the same I'm hoping they'll have something all a the sametime.

Crossin fingers that they'll have one for the FJ too :)

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Maybe TLC or Spector will custom fabricate and sell them. That's what they had to do for the SEMA rig. Spliced three together from what we've heard. But I guess that would make for an expensive bull bar.

·
Registered
282 Posts
It's all about economics. No demand then definitely don't expect to see an item go into R&D as the R&D is just too much to recoup the cost on the bumper production.

If you really want to see this ARB bumper come alive, start emailing them directly once a week until they get fed up.

Here's a few emails:
[email protected]
[email protected]

Flood them with email requests on the bumper,suspension and any other items that ARB markets/manufactures.

Hopefully they'll realize that there is a market for these items and produce something :)

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
I think it might be easier....

The FJ is supposedly based on the Prado and they already have a version for the Prado. It should - I mean platform being the same - be ready to go already.

·
Registered
282 Posts
You would think that ARB would be quick on building something since it's on the same platform but oddly the 4runner bumper is still not done (and it's been available since fall 02) :( Keep in mind that the 4Runner and Tacoma share the same Prado platform too yet nothing on either end. The only big difference is that they will have the Taco bumper as it's in full production as we speak. It's suppose to hit the shelves soon so that good news. The 4runner is still on the back burner. We should be able to modify the Taco bumper but the front plate doesn't line up so that'll be an issue that we'll face if this is the only bumper that will be available. Even though the 4runner/Taco/FJ share the Prado platform, each one has a different front frame bracket. This is based on my knowledge of both the 4Runner and Taco but I'm guessing the FJ will be also slightly different too. This means 3 new bumpers even though it's relatively the same. The headlights probably won't line up correctly and also the contour lines of the body lines will need to be modified accordingly too.

It really all boils down to the economics. Considering the limited production of the FJ, I don't know how this will impact ARB's final decision but one way to really give them a nudge would be to email them constantly until they get the picture and make a bumper specific for the FJ. So if you want to see this thing in production, email em like crazy :)

·
Registered
282 Posts
ARB or TJM are the only mass produced bull bars that I know of from down under (both are quality stuff). There are some local US shops such as Slee Offroad and SOR (who caters to LC's and other toy's) can build custom but it's custom. There's quite a few places that do custom work but it's super expensive. I'm hoping w/ enough hype for the FJ , ARB will build it :)

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Or, we could find a fabrication shop and engineer our own design! Mark it up to what ARB marks theirs up to and all the sudden we can pay for our FJ's!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts