Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a used arb bumper. Unfortunately for me I didnt do all my homework prior to buying the bumper. Once I got home and found some installation instructions for the bumper on the computer I realized that I was missing a piece. The part I am lacking is the grille brace member, it just swaps out with the factor piece. If any of you have a bumper that you have not yet installed could you PLEASE look at the part and let me get in contact with you so that I may get the dimensions for the part! I have called arb usa and other people and for whatever reason the part is not showing up on their parts list.....so Im having trouble finding one to buy, so Im planning on just making my own. Thank you for your time!

- Justin

·
Premium Member
16,793 Posts
Why don't you contact the seller, and trade yours for his?

I'd make him pay for it if he isn't willing to trade.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I recently purchased a used arb bumper. Unfortunately for me I didnt do all my homework prior to buying the bumper. Once I got home and found some installation instructions for the bumper on the computer I realized that I was missing a piece. The part I am lacking is the grille brace member, it just swaps out with the factor piece. If any of you have a bumper that you have not yet installed could you PLEASE look at the part and let me get in contact with you so that I may get the dimensions for the part! I have called arb usa and other people and for whatever reason the part is not showing up on their parts list.....so Im having trouble finding one to buy, so Im planning on just making my own. Thank you for your time!

- Justin
Justin, did you have any luck with the dimensions of the piece? I've encountered the same problem you did, and would greatly appreciate any advice.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Justin, did you have any luck with the dimensions of the piece? I've encountered the same problem you did, and would greatly appreciate any advice.
I was never able to find anyone that had the dimensions for the piece. Ultimately what I did was measure the space and took those dimensions to a local sheet metal shop where I had them make me a part to fit in there. I looked at a lot of different arb bumpers installed on FJ's and not one of them, had the replacement part in there. They all retained the factory brace that the car came with. That said, you do not need to replace that part at all. The bumper will fit over the factory part. I believe that when the bumpers were first designed they added that part into the kit. Later they realized it was not necessary so they eliminated it.
-Justin

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Justin, thanks for the response. I ended up going a local metal shop as well and just bought a 1/4" steel slat. I will install the bumper next weekend if all goes as planned. If you're saying I don't even need that piece, I may just forget about it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Justin, thanks for the response. I ended up going a local metal shop as well and just bought a 1/4" steel slat. I will install the bumper next weekend if all goes as planned. If you're saying I don't even need that piece, I may just forget about it.

Thanks!
Sorry for the late response. I do not get on here very often. No you do not need to replace the brace that comes from the factory. Just leave the factory one in there, and put the bumper on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts