Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bumper shakes independently from the rest of the vehicle when I go over bumps. When I park I'll pull and yank on the bumper but it doesn't move at all.

That's kind of normal, right? It's not like the bumper is flying all over the place but it does move a little then settles out immediately.

·
Premium Member
11,788 Posts
It is possible you are seeing the difference in movement from the chassis and cab.

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, that makes some sense. I guess I needed someone else to tell me. I often lie to myself so I'm not too trustworthy...

·
Premium Member
7,452 Posts
How do you know it shakes? Just curious.

Yes it is somewhat normal. On my Fab Four front bumper there are mounting brackets that bolt to the frame, then the bumper bolts to the brackets. Well the mounting brackets were a little uneven and fighting eachother, creating more movement on my bumper. A good pop with my hand and it would shake. So I made some small welds on each of the mounting brackets to my frame and it feels much more solid.

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can see the topmost parts of the uprights over the hood. They wiggle a bit while it looks like the hood stays still.

I should probably be looking at the road.....

·
Admin
6,870 Posts
Totally normal.

That's the frame moving independent of the body.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts