Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Take a look to this video i ran into in YouTube...

As Al would say "damn tree ninjas!" :rofl:

·
Registered
460 Posts
wtf was he thinking exactly?

·
Registered
460 Posts
Maybe it was unintended acceleration :rofl:

Seriously, from past threads, I read that the guys shoe was muddy and that his foot slipped off the brakes and onto the accelerator.

Undoubtedly. He probably has a set of those faulty All-Weather mats... I wonder if he'd like to sell them to me?

He should probably sue Toyota for $10,000,000. Speaking of... Since everyone in that accident is dead, RIP, who exactly benefited from that settlement?

·
Premium Member
16,781 Posts
wtf was he thinking exactly?
I have talked to the guy driving. His feet were muddy and his foot slipped off the brake on to the accelerator.

Why he was attempting that hole in the first place (its a trail in Louisiana), i don't know.

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Layton, I think he was yank'n your chain....watch the video and he launches it from the start and never slows down. Im guessing he had a bit of liquid courage in him.

·
Registered
341 Posts
HOLY :cowfrown:

LMAO!!!:rofl:

·
Premium Member
16,781 Posts
Layton, I think he was yank'n your chain....watch the video and he launches it from the start and never slows down. Im guessing he had a bit of liquid courage in him.
I have seen some other videos of him driving and it does seem like he gave me the same story he gave his insurance company. They paid for and fixed everything.

He also had one of the first long travel kits on his rig i had ever seen. He had a long travel kit on around January or February of 08.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I love seeing things tested in real life, that's one heck of a bumper for sure.

·
Premium Member
8,988 Posts
I like watching his hood pop up. There had to be damage beyond the bumper.

After replaying the first few seconds over and over, I noticed the hood popped up when he landed which was actually just before hitting the tree.

·
Premium Member
8,988 Posts
This is another good reason why like the bumpers with some beefy construction on the ends. The bumpers that give you the best clearance in front of the tires for approaching step obstacles (you know who you are :lol: ) would not hold up in this case and you would likely have had major front end/suspension damage.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts