Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know a source for replacement running/turn indicator lights for the ARB bumper?

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Gah, i hate those stupid things. They have have given me so much trouble.

RIght now i have unplugged both of them because i haven't wanted to deal with it. But now my right turn signal blinks fast like a bulb is out, when they both work. I am going to a local 4x4 shop to have them solder the connections and replace all the bulbs, and then water tight it.

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Any auto parts store can help you out. The turn signals are Sylvania 7506LL or similar. The Running light is Sylvania 5007LL or similar.

·
Premium Member
387 Posts
I'm having the same problem, but I've forgotten how to get the damn things off! We don't have to remove the entire bumper to get to those lights, do we??

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
To remove the lights you have to go to the back side and remove the nuts off the screws, you will see what I am talking about when you get there. One of them is a beotche' and you will not be able to get it back on, that is to say if they even installed it in the first place. I called ARB to find out if there was a trick to getting it on and they said dont wory about it, none of them use it and the design sucks.

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
To remove the lights you have to go to the back side and remove the nuts off the screws, you will see what I am talking about when you get there. One of them is a beotche' and you will not be able to get it back on, that is to say if they even installed it in the first place. I called ARB to find out if there was a trick to getting it on and they said dont wory about it, none of them use it and the design sucks.
I know exactly what bolt you are talking about. The furthest one in IIRC. I didn't even bother with it. Two out of three is good enough for me.

·
Premium Member
1,985 Posts
Rumor has it that ARB is looking into LED replacements, I called and it sounds like it will be quite a while before they have them. They did confirm that they are looking, and yes I only used two of the three nuts, I don't know how you get the one on.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I'm having the same problem, but I've forgotten how to get the damn things off! We don't have to remove the entire bumper to get to those lights, do we??
You do not have to remove the bumper to get to the ARB lights. You do have to remove the light assembly. It is held on by 3 nuts (10mm I think) that are accessed from bottom back of bumper. 2 nuts are really easy, the 3rd is tucked up by the bumper support bracket and is a real PITA. You might want to check the connector before you pull the light assembly. It is not weather resistant and I have had to clean the contacts twice on the left turn signal. The first time I pulled the assembly only to discover lamp was OK and traced it back to the connector. The other place to check is the connection to the FJ wiring harness. If this was done with insulation displacement splices they could be intermittent as they too are not weather tight. Mine are soldered for that reason and the crappy ARB connector is getting replaced with a weather proof one (readily available at most auto parts stores).

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I called them and they are sending a replacement light fixture at a cost of $14.xx plus shipping. Dang. But at least I'll have them working for Ouray.:clap:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts