Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know these bumpers are heavy ,old school ,but fit what i want ,so if anyone that has a arb bumper and wants to upgrade to somthing a bit newer ..let me know ,not stressed about the looks scraches etc ..not in a hurry but starting to look ...thanks j

·
Registered
338 Posts
PM sent.
-Greg

·
FJ Expeditions R Us
4,084 Posts
Living in Texas with all the deer and hogs, a heavy ARB bumper is almost a necessity! I like mine and the weight is not a factor in off-road travel.

Don't know if you've gotten the 285s or the lift yet, but with 285s you should have at least a 3-inch lift. The OME set up if very functional and cost effective. It costs way less than the $1600 you mention in your blog. I suggest heavy springs for the front (ARB Bumper and winch) and mediums for the rear. If you put heavies on the rear it makes for a very rough ride unless you are loaded all the time... You do not need to do the frame mod to run 285s.

cheers,

dale

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
I saw a guy selling one on the Dallas CL a week or two ago in Denton. He had the outer portion but not the mount. He was asking $600.

That being said, I've played around with selling mine. Thinking about going with the MAF Oz-Bogan. Might be a month or two before I do that though.

·
Premium Member
9,345 Posts
I saw a guy selling one on the Dallas CL a week or two ago in Denton. He had the outer portion but not the mount. He was asking $600.
Check on price of mounting kit before buying. You will be SHOCKED at the price!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol...ya its spendy ....im not in a rush ,was thinking that when guys upgrade ,or are thinking of it then i will buy there old bumper..love demello but hey i want old school..

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
FYI, I may be letting mine go verrry soon....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts