Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got everything istalled, all I need to do now is connect the wires to the ignition and the dash lights, anybody knows where they go so I can tap into the power line?

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
I got everything istalled, all I need to do now is connect the wires to the ignition and the dash lights, anybody knows where they go so I can tap into the power line?
You'll need a wire tester to make it easier, but this should help. You can tap the dash light wire into the power wire of the parking lights up front - that way they come on when the lights are on. Or you can access the wires behind the center panel and check for a wire that gets power when the lights are on - each of the backlighted switches has one, and the color will be consistent switch to switch. (or read a Toyota factory wiring diagram). If you want switched ignition power for the compressor relay, the 2nd and 3rd fuse spaces from the right on the top row of the fuse box are switched w/ the ignition. Check which side gets power, bridge it with a fuse and connect the compressor relay switch to the other side.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts