Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, this is my first post on the forum. :wave: I currently own and drive a Toyota Tacoma for my personal vehicle, but I've been lucky enough to drive some really cool FJ's for "work". I'm involved with two companies, Expeditions West, and Overland Journal (more info in my signature below). Way back in the day, when there were only a handful of protype FJ's, I crawled into one at the SEMA show to see if it would be possible to lie down and sleep in the back (ha). Someone photoshopped an image that was floating around for a while, of a Voodoo blue SEMA FJ with a white camper body grafted onto it. That was me :) One of the things I also noticed about the FJ the first time I crawled under it, was all of the room that would be perfect for an auxiliary fuel tank.

And so, that brings me to the post I'm making here. I'm on a little field trip to ARB in Seatlle, WA. I flew in from AZ yesterday and I'm here to document the installation of the new Man-A-Fre auxiliary fuel tank into the yellow ARB FJ Cruiser. Once the tank is installed I'll be driving the yellow FJ to Arizona, and then on to the FJ Summit in Ouray next month. I'm really looking forward to meeting many of you!

ARB was very kind to provide me with some transportation while I'm in town...

They've added some nice Mojave wheels to it since the last time I drove it.

I also snapped a pic of the Tundra. It just looks so cool with that bumper on it...

Right now, we're just waiting for the aux. tank to arrive. The skies are clearing and it is getting sunny here in WA. I'll be posting some more images from the road as I head back to Arizona.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Give us some updates on your location, and maybe various locals (depending on where you stay) can have a little dinner/drink get together. I maybe out of town, running the rubicon, next week, but would like to have a chance to meet you. I just bought my subscription to Overland Journal.

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
Very cool - I'll be watching this post - thanks - :bigthumb:

-

·
Registered
824 Posts
Thx for bringing the sunshine with you, it snowed in the mountains a couple days ago. They have been calling it June-uary!!! Lets us know how long your gonna be in Seattle, I'm sure a few of us would love to chat with you over micro-brew!

·
FJ Expeditions R Us
4,084 Posts
Chris,

You dog, you... Welcome to the forum! You might see someone you know at the bottom of this post!

See you and Sharon at the Summit!

cheers,

dale

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome guys. My schedule for the return trip is totally up in the air right now, but I'll keep you posted here. I may or may not leave the Seattle area this evening depending on how this goes.

Hey Dale, I like the pic in your post! That was a great trip, one of the best.

The tank showed up and the install is well underway. What a beautiful tank. I know you've already seen it here on the forum, so I won't go crazy with the pics, but here are a couple showing it by itself. The filler assy. is a complete replacement and you can send in your old one for a core refund.

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
I just went through your web site Chris.

Awesome stuff.

Beautiful photography.

:cheers:

-

·
Registered
952 Posts
Chris,
Welcome...echo the sentiments about the great photography and the quality of OJ

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Welcome to the forum!

Give us some updates on your location, and maybe various locals (depending on where you stay) can have a little dinner/drink get together. I maybe out of town, running the rubicon, next week, but would like to have a chance to meet you. I just bought my subscription to Overland Journal.
Hi Mike, I'm in Portland right now, and headed south in a few minutes. We'll see how far I get...

I hope you enjoy the Journal!

Here's another photo I wanted to post. The ARB FJ along with Corey's silver FJ. He has a really nice setup.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Chris,
Welcome...echo the sentiments about the great photography and the quality of OJ
Thank you very much!

A couple more pics from today. . . I am driving the yellow ARB FJ south now, I'll probably spend the night somewhere in here in Oregon.

I saw a cool old TLC 55 on the freeway today. . .

A local (or perhaps a tourist?) enjoying the square in Portland today.

·
FJ Expeditions R Us
4,084 Posts
Chris,

You rock dude!!! Enjoy the drive!

We'll see you soon!

cheers,

dale

·
Registered
8,128 Posts
Hey bajataco,

Have you had experience using/mounting/removing the ARB simpson II on top of that rack yet? Sure would love to know if ARB has come up with a quick release or an easier way to remove it (the tent) from the rack.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts