Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2007 FJ and 2014 FJ Urban Package
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rocks have taken the glass right out of the fog lights on my ARB bumper. I am going to replace the fog lights but not until I have a solution for keeping the glass safe. I'm thinking of using 3M Paint Protection film. Does anyone know how well this works?
Thanks! PS: any ideas on how to keep the bumper rust-free around stone chips?

·
Registered
10 Posts
You might be able to fab up come steel mesh covers for those fog lights...I've never been a fan of the films as they don't offer much protection for larger stones etc. I'd suggest either stainless steel expended metal or stainless steel hardware cloth. For my E1 bumper, covered in road rash, I sandblasted it (literally spotless) and had it Line-X coated. They did a very thorough job and they have a lifetime warranty for surface rust. No idea how long it will last nor how easy any repairs would be but anything would be better than the manufacturers powder coating.

·
Registered
2007 FJ and 2014 FJ Urban Package
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You might be able to fab up come steel mesh covers for those fog lights...I've never been a fan of the films as they don't offer much protection for larger stones etc. I'd suggest either stainless steel expended metal or stainless steel hardware cloth. For my E1 bumper, covered in road rash, I sandblasted it (literally spotless) and had it Line-X coated. They did a very thorough job and they have a lifetime warranty for surface rust. No idea how long it will last nor how easy any repairs would be but anything would be better than the manufacturers powder coating.
Great! Thanks for the advice!

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
These are for my headlights but I bet you could make something like this work for your bumper lights :)
20191109_105401.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts