Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I read something a year or so ago, but I can't find a search string that gives me a result.
I have a MAF aux fuel tank installed, and am considering an ARB rear bumper. I don't know if the tank will interfere with the bumper installation. Surely someone has at least tried this....any ideas?
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CactusJK, thanks for the suggestion, but the two I liked most are the ARB and Exp-1.
FJNewB: good idea...anyone have a photo of how the ARB mounts to the frame?

·
Registered
464 Posts
CactusJK, thanks for the suggestion, but the two I liked most are the ARB and Exp-1.
FJNewB: good idea...anyone have a photo of how the ARB mounts to the frame?
Try this.
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/foru.../29199-arb-rear-bumper-install-lots-pics.html

From the 1 picture and description of install it looks like it should fit with the aux tank and even better can be installed without removing the tank first. If you have a floor jack place a piece of wood (say 6"x6") on the jack and raise jack to just touching the tank. You can then unbolt the tank and frame tow loop so you can slide the bumper bracket between the tank and frame. You do not have to undo any of the fuel/vent lines. You may need to add some washers to the tank mounting tabs that bolt to the crossmember so they match the side frame mounts which will be lower because of the bumper brackets.

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FJ4RWS: Thanks for this. I'd looked at the photos on that post a bunch. It looks like there is only one photo that kind of shows where the bumper attaches. It appears that the bumper (as you mentioned) bolts onto the frame where the tow loop is. (and similar hole on the right side of the frame. If that's the case, it won't be a problem, as the tank uses the next set of holes forward on the frame as the rear-most mounting point.

·
Premium Member
17,639 Posts

This is the area that I was reffering to of possible interference issues. I don't have my FJ around right now, so I can't go out an look, but this was the mount for two bolts that I had to have NCFJ shorten on his rear bumper to clear the tank mount.

If uphill says it will fit, I'm sure he is correct. Stan's bumper uses both those mounting bolts, but it looks like ARB's only uses one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts