Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I ordered my roof rack and fit kit, from autopartsdealer.com yesterday for $819.44 delivered!!! Best deal I could find!
Now I need some help, I want to moun my 48" hi lift jack and I have 2 Scepter Jerry cans I want to mount. Any suggestions?
I found the ARB Jerry can mount but im concerned, the pics show it mounted to a mesh bottom ARB rack, mine is not mesh. Thanks for helpin a newbie.:wave:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK nobody knows?

·
Banned
2,640 Posts
good luck...ive had had my arb rack for more then 3 years..it took me that long to find a rack light rack that would work with the arb..way to many racks that are working with the factory, but as for the arb, **** outta luck...as for the jerry can mounts, havent seen any, but havent really looked...

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
I had my Hi-Lift up on my (ARB) rack, but I took it down because it was very noisy up there. I used fourtreks mounts like these, but they are very expensive.

Hi-Lift Roll Bar Mounts 1.75

My roof rack has the full mesh on it and I think that was somehow contributing to amplifying the noise.

I now have my Hi-lIft on my ARB front bumper using similar fourtreks mounts.

Hi-Lift actually makes a real nice mount now for much less dough.

As for the gas containers up on the rack, since I have the mesh floor, I just throw a ratchet strap around them and hit the trail. Haven't had any issues.

You can check my build thread and see the various configurations I've gone through.

Cheers.

:cheers:

-

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK my fears are confirmed, hard to find. Any suggestions for a similar rack with easy to find accessories? I can still cancel my order.

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
You can get these nice can holders from Expedition Exchange and mount them on almost any rack.

Here is a link the their site - good guys.

Wedco Jerrycans -- EE -- Expedition Exchange Incorporated

I would use this mount from Hi-Lift to mount the jack on the rack.

Hi-Lift Adjustable Tube Mount (TM-700/TM-750) - Mount your Hi-Lift Jack to tube bumpers, bull bars, roll cages or roof racks | Hi Lift Jack Company

You would want to use the 1"-2" model if you go with the ARB rack.

You might want to also check out BajaRack if you haven't done so already.

Baja Rack

-

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Many thanks to volhoo, I appreciate the effort to help me. I like the ARB rack, just didnt anticipate a P.I.T.A. finding accessories.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I spoke too soon, I cant cancel my order, It is scheduled to be delivered 1-14, I did find that FJOEL makes some sick mounts, he said he is coming out with a new locking version very soon! Looks like I will go that route. Thanks for the feedback

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts
The original FJoel Hi-Lift roof mounts kit that I adapted for my ARB roof rack.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts