Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The installation instructions arent very detailed. They give you bolts, spring washers, and flat washers to install the slider to the frame. Does anyone know where the spring washer is supposed to be installed. I'm guessing between the flat washer and the bolt, but I want to make sure.

·
Premium Member
16,793 Posts
The installation instructions arent very detailed. They give you bolts, spring washers, and flat washers to install the slider to the frame. Does anyone know where the spring washer is supposed to be installed. I'm guessing between the flat washer and the bolt, but I want to make sure.
You have frame rail, slider, flat washer, spring washer, bolt

The top bolts are kind of a pain, you can't get a socket to them. Prepare for a long while of turning a crescent or open end wrench.
Get the skids for them. trdparts4u.com had some on the forum they were trying to get rid of for 95.
Good luck

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You have frame rail, slider, flat washer, spring washer, bolt

The top bolts are kind of a pain, you can't get a socket to them. Prepare for a long while of turning a crescent or open end wrench.
Get the skids for them. trdparts4u.com had some on the forum they were trying to get rid of for 95.
Good luck
I just finished. I decided not to wait for a response, luckily, I got it right with the order of parts. You're right the tops are a pain, very slow going with an open end wrench. Also made the mistake on the 1st one of tightening some of the bolts down before I got all of them started. If you have any pictures of the skids, I'd like to see them. I might make my own.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts