• cooler

Votes: 37 74.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
8,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thanks once again to help of MudLovingFJ, and my dad, i am now one more notch up on the cool list.

The install was easy, but tricky:

The fit kit was as hard to install as it was to remove the stock rack. I had to worry about snapping the bolt head off, or breaking the wrench in half, every half turn of the bolt. That is how tight the inner rack mounts are! The bolts were burning hot after a few turns. But now its nice and snug, and its not going anywhere ;) The touring rack was super easy, we just kept having to align it to get the bolts in.

The instructions for the tent, were for all vehicle applications, not just the fj. So we had to think about every step. Well, we eventually got it up, and on. It was definitely a fun install.

Now, not to be ****y, but i think my FJ is now the S*** :D. There are a lot of parts that make this up: Used mods, New mods, Über mods. Thankfully, im almost done (im lieing to myself). Last on the list, some skids, way down the road though. Then comes the little looky loo things..

Pics from today:

Im thinking it goes like this,

No no.. It goes like this:

Nope.. i dont think so

Move this over here, yeah, like that

Ah ****.. That didn't work.

After many WTF moments, we got here (Hint Hint: Dirty Parts and DeMello Offroad Rock:

I forgot to take more pics after we set up the rest of the tent, like the rear and side window awnings. Check out ARB Air Locker Heavy Duty 4x4 Bumpers to see what it looks like fully deployed.

COMMENTS!! :rocker:

·
Registered
8,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Took a short spin around with the tent on the roof. Its hard for me to really notice the overhead weight since i just switched out my front spacers for OME Mediums yesterday, so, i honestly can't tell yet.

With the tent packed away:

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Very Nice Dom....

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
ok dom a few questions...

A) will it hold me?
B) hard to install?
C) where is your first test camp panned?

·
Registered
8,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok dom a few questions...

A) will it hold me?
B) hard to install?
C) where is your first test camp panned?

a) thats a pretty good question.

b) Everything was easy except for mounting the tent to the rack.. would have been damn near impossible if my bro's GF wasn't there. our hands were to big to wrench the bolts on.

c) mojave this weekend !

·
Premium Member
3,985 Posts
i love your truck!

Today was a good install day, the rack and tent are super duper uber sweet.

and im glad we figured out your lights :)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Beautiful ride man. Congratz on the install. The tent should definetly be handy while camping. If I had that on my driveway I will sleep in it and invite the girl !!

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Awesome Dom!

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Looks like you are ready for good time this Summer, looks very good. The fit kit bolts are one of the PIA bolts I had to deal with it too.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts