Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i have the ARB bumper installed and there are turn signals. there are 3 wires, i would imagine that one is ground, one is the day time runners, and the other is headlights and turn signal. where do i splice into to hook these up? i hope that Ivan70 chimes in again.

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Yes, you splice into the three wires coming out of the turn signal. There is no need to remove the turn signal and headlight though. The instruction manual shows which wires to splice to. Also, ditch the crappy side-by-side splices that come with the kit and get some of the clamp/blade style taps.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
manual! kit! LOL i dont have any of that. thats why in asking these dumb questions. the lights were rapped inside the bumper with no instructions. i just want to be sure. if you were ARB would you make the black wire on the light the ground? if someone could identify the wires in the clip, as their respected functions. ground, turn, and light. ya know! that stuff thanks for any and all help

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Layonnn, when you did your's what colour wires were on the turn signal light?

mine are white, black, and green.
It's been a while so i don't fully remember. I just remember that its different on each side of the truck. And that the crappy connectors they give you are a PITA. Get the kind i have pictured above :)

If you call up ARB tomorrow they can email you a PDF of the install instructions. I have had them send me copies of all the installs so i could read them before i got their bumpers and suspensions, etc.

They have very good customer service.

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
those are cool, but where does the male connector stab on to ? sorry, its the females that stab onto the tabs. OK, where do they go? looks like when you fold the clip over you slide the male connector into back of the clip.?!?!?

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
those are cool, but where does the male connector stab on to ? sorry, its the females that stab onto the tabs. OK, where do they go? looks like when you fold the clip over you slide the male connector into back of the clip.?!?!?
You clamp the tap over the stock wiring behind the plug and then you put the blade onto the ARB wiring. The blade then slides into the clamp piece.

Its a lot more effective than the side-by-side style ARB includes.

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts
Picture of the quick splice connector and it's usage.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts