Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since there has been a reemergence of the add-on of an e-locker to non equipped vehicles discussion, I wanted to pose a question.

If you were given the choice, which would you prefer ARB air lockers, detroit lockers or the factory rear locker?

·
The Laughing Member
2007 FJ Cruiser, 2021 4Runner, 2002 Lexus SC420
9,119 Posts
If you were given the choice, which would you prefer ARB air lockers, detroit lockers or the factory rear locker?
Personally, my preference would be the factory rear locker (allowing installation and use of A-TRAC), combined with an ARB air-locker up front. The best of both worlds, IMO.

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
ARB....the consensus on the IH8mud board is that the factory e-locker is not as strong and is not recommended for 37" or larger tire applications.

I fully realize that this stipulation (37"+) will exclude most vehicles here....but for those that really push the vehicle, I'd take the one that was stronger.....especially if I was starting from scratch and didn't buy the vehicle with the factory locker already installed.

JMO,
Sean

1 - 3 of 3 Posts