Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Moderators feel free to change the title of this thread.

I think it would be nice to have a thread to reference to get a visual on different amps under the seats, their placement, and how they fit. I had been shopping amps and then tried to reference these forums to see how they fit and where, and found a few, but I, like many are usually partial to certain brand names, I like Arc Audio now but could not find any pics of Arc amps mounted to see how they fit.

Or this thread could be a place to deposit pics of all amp placements throughout the FJ.

Bottom line, I mounted an ARC AUDIO XXD2080 amp under the passenger seat and snapped a pic just for reference for others. This is how it fits, IMO it fits perfect into that particular area, it only powers my door and dash speakers. There is plenty of room once mounted and can be adjusted once the seat is back in...just need a longer than normal flat head screwdriver.

This thread is just a suggestion, thanks.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool. What speakers do you have?
I have just done a minor upgrade with really good results, I did the Tin Can Sub Mod, which I replaced stock sub with a Polk Sub with an Arc Audio KS125.2 amp, 5.5" Eclipse speakers near rear seating area, Polk 6x9 in the doors with tacotunes 1" adapters and Polk 3.5" in the dash, with the Arc Audio XXD2080 you see, all hooked up to OEM NAV unit E70019.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I have just done a minor upgrade with really good results, I did the Tin Can Sub Mod, which I replaced stock sub with a Polk Sub with an Arc Audio KS125.2 amp, 5.5" Eclipse speakers near rear seating area, Polk 6x9 in the doors with tacotunes 1" adapters and Polk 3.5" in the dash, with the Arc Audio XXD2080 you see, all hooked up to OEM NAV unit E70019.
A "minor upgrade"? Sounds like you re-worked everything again. Having seen your work and heard about it before, I have no doubt that it sounds superb! I just hope that I don't catch that stereo-mod bug again...

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A "minor upgrade"? Sounds like you re-worked everything again. Having seen your work and heard about it before, I have no doubt that it sounds superb! I just hope that I don't catch that stereo-mod bug again...

Hey man how's it going.. been wondering how you've been!! Good I hope.. Yeah I got the bug again to tackle a little project, it sounds real nice!

Take care and be safe..just holler if you need anything:wave:

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts
The same place where I mounted Kenwood Kac-8105D 1000-Watt Class D Mono Amplifier for the Wicked CAS 2x10" sub woofer box.

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The same place where I mounted Kenwood Kac-8105D 1000-Watt Class D Mono Amplifier for the Wicked CAS 2x10" sub woofer box.

Nice!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts