Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Per your request: Here is how I mounted my Highlift. I used Demello High Lift clamps.

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
48" from Harbor Freight. I keep it mounted full time no garage. It's just now starting to show signs of surface rust after being mounted for about 2 and a half months. Never oiled it. Going to give it a cleaning and oil it and re-mount it this week. Used it once and it works just fine.

·
Premium Member
10,973 Posts
G'day,
I know this is not a hi-lift, but its of similar ilk.
I mounted my Radflo Hydra Jack inside, stays in the rig, and no rust, but its also not made of steel. Just another option.
[/URL][/IMG]

Cheers
Baz

·
Banned
6,079 Posts
The genuine Hi-Lift brand is superior to all its imitators, which are mostly Chinese junk.
^^^^^ Second that!!!!
No they are not all created equal. I looked at 3 other knock offs and not one of them seemed as sturdy or well built. Many of them didn't have a slight kickup at the end of the lifting jaw/platform which to me seemed stupid and dangerous (on a already dangerous tool). I bought the hilift extreme, and it seems like the finish will hold up well. Mine is going to be mounted inside so weather wont be as much of an issue. I believe most of the problems people face with the hilift are due to the jack being poorly maintained. If its kept cleaner and oiled there is much less of a chance of "issues" happening.
Its the rating on the mechanism. It shears to keep the steel parts from cracking under stress. They sell a rebuild kit that replaces the springs and shear pins.
:cheers:

·
Banned
6,079 Posts
I guaranty there's not a soul on here that will ever wear a Hi-Lift out during the course of their recreational off-road experiences. Most on here will never even use one in an emergency situation. I've used mine twice when I had alternatives. I'd venture to say that one could leave a Hi-Lift on their RR for many years before it was rendered inop. I've left one in the bed of a pick-up for at least 12 years and had to use it one night... flawless.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts