Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting to add lights to my FJ on the roof or front bumper but don't know which ones. I wasn't really planning on getting them now but I found this set for $50- locally at an auto parts store and wondering if they are decent lights. I either want to mount them on a front light bar attached to the factory rack or on the front bumper. These look like they would be easier to bumper mount but what do you guys think?

Lights Daylighter Daylighter 100 Watt Long Range Black KC HiLiTES: Auxiliary Lighting, HID Off Road Lights, Fog Lights, Driving Lights, Light Bars, Wiring Accessories

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Not a bad deal. They are great off-road lights. Very bright beams. If you are only getting a pair, I'd mount them in the front to save some mpg. Plus the wiring would be a fraction of the work that roof mounted lights would be. Painting the covers black would look sweet as well.... Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
3,394 Posts
Upgrade the wire they give you with the kit its pretty thin. Also don't use the cloth covers only plastic or nothing, If you accidently hit the switch the lights get hot enough to start the covers on fire and you can't see the light through the cloth to know there on:( Great lights in my opinion other than these points

My next lights will be the warn HD
________
White widow seeds

Attachments

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
thats what i run and i love them

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's EXACTLY what I want mine to look like. Brewnasty what bar did you use and how did you run the wiring? Help me I'm lost

·
Registered
278 Posts
These are great lights for the price. I have had them on my 73'fj40 for 15 years without an issue. Just upgrade the wire that is in the kit, wire is cheap and much easier to do the first time correctly.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
i have a tuffy security products light bar. the wiring run through the light bar down into the oem roof rack, though the roof down inside the front left A pillar to the dash were the switches are. I didn't do the install but i watched the shop do it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts