Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
No offense to Atlanta FJCs...I know you guys respond to post.

So I pass and see probably a dozen different FJCs on a daily basis just between work and home. I don't travel the interstate and most of these are the same ones so I know they are locals. With the exception of a black one I passed late one downtown which I had never seen before and a silver one that is not on my normal route, every driver has not even acknowledged me passing them or sitting next to them. After being on the board I have noticed that in many other parts of the county this seems uncommon. And after looking at map and the very low turnout for the summit showing from the state I have to wonder if there is anyone else even on the board and if so what's the deal?

·
Registered
242 Posts
the few i see around the Charleston, Ladson, Summerville, SC area don't seem to wave either, it's possible they are not into the FJ like the people on this forum.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Re: Are most just snobs or slack?

FJ owners south of Atlanta
... well I'm as far south of ATL as you can drive in the US and I'm always waving, flashing my lights or blowing my train horns at all the FJs I see :rocker:

... I get a few responces... :confused:

But atleast eveyone on the Island knows me ;)

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
First off, I'm south of ATL, and I wave... sometimes. If I can see we've made eye contact I wave. Secondly, it isn't just Atlanta, do a search this has been talked about numerous times and it's a constant across the country. Think of it this way, all the FJ's you pass a day, more than likely none to one of them is on here. I see numerous FJ's every day, and thus far I'm aware of, 2, maybe 3 people on here who live in my city.

As far as summit goes, I've never looked at statistical info, but just look at where you're at. That's a long drive. I would love to go to summit or the 2012 Alaska expedition, but that is quite a distance. With gas prices, and other economical and personal restraints, I don't know if I'll ever be able to make it out to any of those type events.

Me, the fiancée, and sister in law will be in Atlanta 5/28-29, to see the Deftones at the Tabernacle, so if you pass a BD lifted, with white steelies, snorkel, custom toyoutfitters front bumper, etc, and you don't wave, I might cry a little.

G

·
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
:flamed: Where is the delete button? Note-to-self: Do not post at 8am after 3 hours of sleep. Points of post are not well thought out. :bangin: Search...duh! Didn't do that. Sorry guys. Just wave at me next tiime darnit. Lol.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I'm a waver, especially if there is a girl driving an FJ. Maybe the people you're waving and are to busy texting and looking down to see you wave.

·
Premium Member
1,831 Posts
Maybe they're oblivious to the waves - having bought and driven their FJCs in the same way one would a Corolla.

Corolla drivers don't really try to wave or look for waves from fellow Corolla drivers...

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
back in the day.. late 2006 early 2007 the fj's were rare and special ordered once qualified, therefore making it more exciting to see another.. now they're all over the place, kind of like the corolla ;)

·
Premium Member
5,235 Posts
Athena chalked it up.
Mine came ion July of 2006 when they were still pretty rare to see on the streets around here, and many would acknowledge you.

Where I live and drive back and forth to work I see a ton of FJs daily.
No one waves, and I do not think they are on the site here either.

To some the FJ is just an appliance like a normal car.

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
It's not that much better in Atl. I have unfortunately gotten used to others not waving. But what really irritates me is when a modded FJ doesn't wave. The other day I saw a lifted black FJ with aftermarket bumper and roof lights and a snorkel and thought "finally I'm gonna get a wave out of someone!" nothing. Yesterday I passed a lifted silver with a black roof and figured I'd get a wave out of him. His windows were tinted so it was hard to tell.

:mecry:

That is another thing, though. Most FJs I see down here have tinted windows so it's kind of hard to tell sometimes.

eta: and sometimes people are just oblivious. I know there have been several times where I'm just not looking then catch an FJ passing out of the corner of my eye and it's too late.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
I generally try to wave or flash the lights, since my DRLs are disco'd. But I am generally in the Conyers Stockbridge area. Most of the fj'rs Iv'e passed are older and stock and not paying attention to whats around them. Or I figure they get scarred off because of the trail rash I have. But I will try to be more aware of the Fj'rs around me. Im from Texas dammit we always wave!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2007 FJC 4x4.
9,939 Posts
Just like with any other car models (like MINIs for example) I have found its only worth it to give a wave to modded ones.... The rest might as well be Civics

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
It's the same everywhere...busy people commuting to work and on there cell phones and probably don't even notice you waving...

I acknowledge those FJ's that have been somewhat modded...unless of course they wave to me first.

Sometimes I just throw out the bird and see what the response is. :lol:

Hot ladies always get a wave if I can make eye contact first! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I wave/flash my lights but rarely get a wave back.:thinkerg: Sometimes I get a dirty look from the Lady driver like she thinks I am hitting on her when the reality is I like what she is driving.:rofl::rofl:

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
yup it is not just in your area. Down this way.. we are getting more and more modified rigs in the area due to the high military population (yes the stickers are on the windshield) very few if any of them wave back. The one that really shocked me by not waving was another 6" lifted sunfusion with snorkel and hood decal.. we where sitting across from each other at a red light first in line on each side .. had my windows down and stretched out an arm holding my hand out open..... nodda not even a glance.. go figure.. oh well.. hehe.. what they don't know is that the very few places here to get a wheel off the ground I happen to know about..

·
Registered
97 Posts
Im from around the ATL area and the FJ population is rapidly increasing! I've noticed about 2-3 new FJ's around where I live and Im always waving and flashing my lights but i never get anything back from them. They're all stock FJ's and i doubt their from the forum... they don't know what they're missing! :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,120 Posts
Waving...isn't that a boat thing?

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
:flamed: Where is the delete button? Note-to-self: Do not post at 8am after 3 hours of sleep. Points of post are not well thought out. :bangin: Search...duh! Didn't do that. Sorry guys. Just wave at me next tiime darnit. Lol.
Did MAD see YOU TOO??? :rofl:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts