Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know for a fact that the traditional, hardcore offroaders on here going to go balistic on me for asking this, but I thought I would run it by the Jedi counsel anyways.

I have a Sun Fusion and I'm looking to black out all the silver on the bumpers, mirrors and door handles. I am also looking at the cast black 20 inch Pro Comp 7089's, however I not completely sold on the look and still want a little contrast between the rims and the rest of the black on my rig. How do you think it would look with the Pro Comp 9089 in Knight Chrome. 20 inch with 285/50/20 Terra Grapplers?

Please spare me the 50 Cent comments. I know these choices are not to everyones liking, but be gentle.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,966 Posts
I know for a fact that the traditional, hardcore offroaders on here going to go balistic on me for asking this, but I thought I would run it by the Jedi counsel anyways.

I have a Sun Fusion and I'm looking to black out all the silver on the bumpers, mirrors and door handles. I am also looking at the cast black 20 inch Pro Comp 7089's, however I not completely sold on the look and still want a little contrast between the rims and the rest of the black on my rig. How do you think it would look with the Pro Comp 9089 in Knight Chrome. 20 inch with 285/50/20 Terra Grapplers?

Please spare me the 50 Cent comments. I know these choices are not to everyones liking, but be gentle.
20 inchers will make the ride harsher, and, since you can reach handling limits with the stock size you won't get a performance benefit. That being said if you are aware of the trade-offs and really like them who cares what anyone else thinks?

·
Premium Member
17,146 Posts
It's your ride to what you want. I think the 20 inch would make the ride a little rough IMO.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Love the wheels. But I wouldn't go bigger than 18's. (you told me to save the 50 cent comments....so I will):indifferent:

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Looks good but I wouldn't want them if I was going to be going off road a lot.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I'd rock them in 17"s!

·
Premium Member
1,963 Posts
Love the wheels. But I wouldn't go bigger than 18's. (you told me to save the 50 cent comments....so I will):indifferent:
I think they look pretty good, as well, but I agree, 18's would be the biggest I would go. Anything larger, and IMHO, your ride quality will suffer, especially if your FJ is used as an everyday driver.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
i agree, no bigger then a 18

·
Emeritus Moderator
6,484 Posts
I like the wheels too, but I too agree, that you will have a rougher ride going with a 20" wheel...I try to stay myself with as small as possible...but what do I know...I'm just :eek:ld:

·
Registered
6,957 Posts

Hey, It will look awesome! I found the ride to be good with the Nitto terra grappler street in that profile 285!

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
I like the rims, but my prefference would be the 17's. I so go with what puts the biggest smile on your face :)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.