Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i was doing some digging around last night, and came across a few trail names and wondered if anyone had any kind of info on them.

dry creek road (sedona)

van deren cabin

tip top mine ( with the town of packer) near new river

i was hoping to maybe get a few people together to go for a cruise one of these days. anyone heard of any of these?

·
Registered
299 Posts
I've been to Tip Top - and farther down a few roads in that area. Never been to the other two.

Tip Top is a pretty expansive group of mines, and from what I gather, you could spend a day exploring. We hit it at the end of a long day, so we only stopped long enough to have a quick walkabout - saw a Gila Monster, that was pretty cool.

Here's a map to part of the route - Google thinks the road breaks at the creek (point A on this map), but you can easily ford it. If you work backwards from Point A, and follow that trail back to the highway, you'll see the part of the route that I can't easily show you without making a separate map - but you'd exit I-17 onto Table Mesa Road (to the West) and then head North to the creek. From that point, this map will get you there - Tip Top is Point C:

Map

Also, I added a couple other points - Point B is a cattle corral - if you hit that, you need to back up just a pinch, and take a left.

When we went to Tip Top, we actually came from the southwest over a crazy mountain overpass and then descended into Tip Top - that day was a story I never told here because it was just too complicated a story... but it was a hell of a good day out there. Maybe I'll throw that one together one of these days. But Point D on that map is where we came from (the overhill route from the South).

But to whet your appetite, and give you a few other ideas, here are a few threads of mine from last year, when we were really getting out there a lot.

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/foru...04192-what-great-day-out-there-pics-vids.html

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/foru...73-day-trip-crown-king-cleator-pics-vids.html

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/foru...wer-mine-tonto-national-forest-pics-vids.html

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/foru...87-weekend-trip-indian-country-pics-vids.html

We're itching to get out there again this Spring after not taking a trip for some time - so I'll keep my ear to the ground!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey man great pics and videos. Where abouts in the valley do you live? have you gone out with the local fj group on friday nights yet out to table mesa? I'm looking to go wheeling this week, im not sure where to, but maybe like thursday or friday. Interested?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Cool, glad you liked 'em. I'm pretty central, 19th and Thomas.

We're getting married in May, my girlfriend Anitta and I, so time and money are tighter these days than they've been in a long time... one of the reasons we haven't been out in a while. Are you thinking after work on one of those days, or...?

But no, I've never been to a Table Mesa Friday, and we've been wanting to do that too. We met a few of the local folks at Sedonafest last year (and we're planning on it this year too), but still haven't made it to a run on Friday...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
congrats on the marriage bro. Table mesa rd is where everyone meets up. They meet up at 630, hit the trail at 7. Usually wheel till around 10 or so, then have a fire or whatnot. I went last week and it was totally cool. I found out what my fj is capable of, even stock. Pretty amazing. I'm up at 17 and carefree, so I have great access to 17. My girl and I are planning on going to jerome on friday if you'd like to go too, and explore some of the trails near there. pm me your info and we can go wheeling some tme if u cant make it friday

1 - 5 of 5 Posts