Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
fka luvshisfj
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to start this thread not only so everyone could show off their Artistic Summit pics but also let show everyone that is planning to attend for the first time or who is contemplating on going but hasn't been pushed over the ledge for a definite Yes, I am attending...

So everyone post up your Pics of the beauty that the San Juan Mountains has to offer.

Mods: I realize that there are a few threads Titled Summit Pics...but I feel there is a need for a new thread and new pics! please don't combine this thread with the old ones

[/url] Jealousy by Raggler, on Flickr[/IMG]

·
fka luvshisfj
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
Great pics!....We're on the edge of the ledge. Ouray is a favorite place, but never been to the Summit. Just need a couple more days off to make it happen......

·
fka luvshisfj
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Krunch.....I was simply amazed by the Beauty and Atomosphere up there last year....I felt right at home!

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
WOW! I'm always amazed at how you capture these moments. The picture in your OP is surreal.

·
fka luvshisfj
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you, that's the look I usually try and go for... Hopefully we can get others to join in here and post pics from their adventure at Summit! I'm eager to see all the pics

WOW! I'm always amazed at how you capture these moments. The picture in your OP is surreal.

·
fka luvshisfj
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you!:cheers: Once again...this thread was not intended just for my Pics....Hopefully we will have others join in...while we are waiting...here is another one.

[/url] Greenery by Raggler, on Flickr[/IMG]

I certainly agree with snafu58. Raggler, your pictures are really something else!:clap:

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Here are some of mine from last years summit.

Digger

bc indiana

bc indiana and abertolini.

Summit of Black Bear Pass.

A look at Telluride.

In the Mountains.

FJ Summit 2010 Group shot.

:cheers:

·
fka luvshisfj
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Awesome shots, John.....thanks for sharing with us!

·
Premium Member
540 Posts
Raggler - What's up buddy!

If you've never gone, and you are on the fence, you owe it to yourself to experience it at least once. Go for it - 2010 Summit was great!

Here are some of my high-res favs (you might even recognize the guy in the last shot):

- JD

·
fka luvshisfj
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey Jeremy! Its been a while man, how are things your way?
Awesome pics BTW....and you managed to get me in a few of them! :bigthumb:
Hope to see you again this year in Ouray!:cheers:

Raggler - What's up buddy!

If you've never gone, and you are on the fence, you owe it to yourself to experience it at least once. Go for it - 2010 Summit was great!

Here are some of my high-res favs (you might even recognize the guy in the last shot):

- JD

·
Registered
279 Posts
I have a question for the PRO photographers that have those incredible pictures that look like they have been photoshopped. Are those in fact photoshopped or are you guys using special lenses, filters, and most importantly what settings do you use on your SLR?

·
fka luvshisfj
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
^^^ I do tweak with the colors and lighting a bit some more than others! and that was taken with a sigma wide angle lens.. 10-20mm. I'm very into the "surreal" look and tend to tweak with the pics alot!

·
Premium Member
540 Posts
Jay / Raggler,
Thanks for the complements!
I do shoot on SLR with lenses and filters (but I am no Pro)... and I shamelessly use photo editing tools (like photoshop) to tweak the ISO settings when I want to and for effect. I say use all the tools in your toolbox to make it the photo you want it to be. In my book, life is way too short to get wound around the axel about to use software or not... at the end of the day a good photo is just that, a good photo no matter the means. That said, a great source photo makes that much better an enhanced photo. Just my take on it...

I have a question for the PRO photographers that have those incredible pictures that look like they have been photoshopped. Are those in fact photoshopped or are you guys using special lenses, filters, and most importantly what settings do you use on your SLR?

·
Registered
599 Posts
Just a few from Summit-past

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
Wow guys...you are making me more and more excited to go to the Summit!!!

Hope I can get those days off...

1 - 20 of 47 Posts