Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So right, here's how it's gone so far:

Late December: Place Order for Yellow auto 4x4 CQ UR
January: Give deposit and confirm order to Moses Lake dealer
February: FJs hit port, dealer knows nothing
March: FJs hit dealerships, dealer knows nothing
Late March: FJs officially released, dealer knows nothing. LC test drives his first FJ.
Early April: Dealer still knows nothing, LC pissed.
April 10th: LC very angry, contacts dealers in the Oregon area, finds exactly what he wants in Salem.
April 11th: Original dealer magically comes up with FJs like what LC wants that they can get, LC decides to go with one since they give him a discount ($500 off).
April 12th: Original dealer was supposed to have dealer trade FJ like LC wanted this day, LC was going to pick up on Thursday. Guess what, original dealer can't get zip and dealer they were going to dealer trade wants full MSRP ($31,500). Very very fortunately, even though the hold was canceled, Salem kept his name on the FJ down there so we arrange to pick it up.
April 13th: The wait begins.

- LC

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Leaving here about 5am tomorrow. If you see a yellow FJ driving through Portland and around in Vancouver (gonna show it off to the inlaws since I'll have the little woman with me) be sure to wave :D

That is, of course, if they don't sell it out from under me. Which will probably happen. :rolleyes:

- LC

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I sympathize LC. My experience started out very similar to yours. Put a deposit down in December with the local dealer, they tell me I'll get what I want....months pass....dealer knows nothing....FJs start showing up....dealer calls late March and says mine is coming in before the end of the month but oh btw it has all this crap on it that I didn't ask for. Luckily I was able to call another dealer nearby immediately and get one with slightly less crap on it, and even sooner that what the original dealer could do. I hope it works out for you tomorrow.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I was at the dealer here in Salem a couple days ago and saw the yellow one sitting there. There were 2 other cars and me all stopped looking at it in the lot, LOL.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OR_05Taco said:
I was at the dealer here in Salem a couple days ago and saw the yellow one sitting there. There were 2 other cars and me all stopped looking at it in the lot, LOL.
STAY AWAY FROM IT IT'S MINE!!!! MIIIINNNNEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GET AWAYYYY!!!!!!

*****s shotgun*

- LC

·
Registered
112 Posts
Lost Cosmonaut said:
STAY AWAY FROM IT IT'S MINE!!!! MIIIINNNNEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GET AWAYYYY!!!!!!

*****s shotgun*

- LC
You don't have to worry about me taking it, I'm not really a fan of the yellow anyway. There were lots o' people eye-f*cking it though.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts