Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, my girlfriends FJ has been in for warranty work two time for shifting problems. The problem starts out as a slight hesitation before shifting in to the next gear (usually 3rd) under light acceleration. It progresses to hard shifts at or near 6k RPMs. Both times they replace a bad solenoid on the tranny. They said they were not the same solenoid. The last time it was in the shop was just 2 weeks ago. Yesterday it stated doing it again.

Has anyone heard of this issue before?

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Hi all, my girlfriends FJ has been in for warranty work two time for shifting problems. The problem starts out as a slight hesitation before shifting in to the next gear (usually 3rd) under light acceleration. It progresses to hard shifts at or near 6k RPMs. Both times they replace a bad solenoid on the tranny. They said they were not the same solenoid. The last time it was in the shop was just 2 weeks ago. Yesterday it stated doing it again.

Has anyone heard of this issue before?
That's a new one for me.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Colorado requires 4 times within the warranty period or one year from delivery of the vehicle, which ever is earlier. She has had it just over a year already. I'm not sure if that one year limit applies if it was brought in for service the first time before that.

·
Registered
831 Posts
i have not had the hard up shifting but it seems when i go down a hill it likes to shift into third and rev up to 3k sometimes and then when im done with the hill it shifts back up but it seems to do it hard do i have a problem??? sorry to intrude

·
Banned
3,591 Posts
Been there ...done that....glad you got a trannsmision.....lemon law restriction all are based on the FIRST accurance....date and mileage.....keep your receipts....you are real close to a new truck with this many service issues....

I know because I've been there...done that too!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts