Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

201 - 220 of 333 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #201
I took 95% of the pics ;) I've been itching so bad the last month or so to go wheelin so I posted some fun pics here.... I got more

·
Premium Member
7,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #202
This is me driving the escalator. Took the wrong route unfortunately needed to be recovered. Of course Bill found humor in the incident.... I wasn't doing so great...like hyperventilating :rofl:

·
Premium Member
7,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #203

·
Registered
894 Posts
Hi athena I'm pretty knew and had a few questions. I see on your build you took of both front and back sway bars and found info on the reason for taking the back off but nothing telling me why you took the front off. Does it drive ok with them both off?

·
Premium Member
7,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #207
thanks guys. Wixo to answer your question, taking out both front and rear sway bars allow you that much more flex without getting "tippy". There's pro's and con's to doing this. The ride isn't bad, you get use to it, but it'll shoot your shocks to sh!t after awhile, especially for me because I live in the mountains and live on very windy roads.

·
Premium Member
7,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #209
no prob ;)

·
Registered
6,954 Posts
thanks guys. Wixo to answer your question, taking out both front and rear sway bars allow you that much more flex without getting "tippy". There's pro's and con's to doing this. The ride isn't bad, you get use to it, but it'll shoot your shocks to sh!t after awhile, especially for me because I live in the mountains and live on very windy roads.
Just wondering....I have removed my front sway bar for some time now I really don't see to much difference other than a little more body roll if I corner sharply.Have you had any issues with binding CV's are boots on your front shafts...I wonder if I should install one now as I have broke both left and right sides and I don't want the sway bar no longer. I was gonna remove the rear sooner or later but I need to figure something for the front first. I like the addional droop and travel up front but when I get into that bad situation. With the wheel clocked left or right and the side with the suspension unloaded I get terrible binding :mecry: Do you use a limiting strap?

·
Premium Member
7,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #211
nope no problems so far... we jammed them a few times in Moab last week too!

·
Premium Member
7,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #212

·
Premium Member
7,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #213

·
Registered
6,954 Posts
Wow your Beast looks great with the new bumper! Better then the Fab Four...

·
Premium Member
7,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #215
despite we rattled off one of our lights :lol:... I like it much better than the fab four too!

·
Premium Member
7,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #218
Punishment, this was definitely a winch situation :lol: we went to Area BFE in Moab on our last day of Cruise Moab. Went up a trail we thought was Strike Ravine but ended up on Green Day trail, which turned into Minor Thread, then at the end where this photo was taken and this was the decend of Helldorado! Pure buggy trail, but we made it through!

·
Premium Member
7,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #220
:jawdrop: how are you?

and thanks!

201 - 220 of 333 Posts