Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not new to the forum, but it has bee a while since Ive been on. (About a year) I live just north of ATL and I work in Dawsonville (at The Outside World if you ever stop by ask for Rhett I love talking FJ's and kayaking) and Im wondering if there are any cool laid back FJ clubs or groups that like to take some local wheeling trips?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Not yet but if you read the "calling all Atlanta FJers thread" there is a small handful of people that are interested. I live right around the corner from your work and come in there from time to time. I'll stop by sometime! Hopefully we can put something together for a ride in the next few weeks. Right now I spend a lot of time riding FS roads up north. Great scenery and endless off pavement roads if you like being out there.:cheers:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hey, I know Outside World. :) My girlfriend and I stopped by a little while back on the way to Black Rock.

Like FJC5 mentioned there's been a little interest in a local group. Seems one was active awhile back but all that remains are old photographs.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah yall should totally stop in! Right now Im working mostly weekends up there, you can see my FJ parked behind the store. Someone mentioned there are some good FS hunting roads just behind the outlet mall in D-Ville? Do any of you have some good beta on this spot? I wanna go check it out but I dont wanna go alone.

·
Registered
319 Posts
The only place that comes to mind back there would be dawson forest. I went back there years ago and was actually planning to go back there sometime in the next couple of weeks. I think there is a stream crossing but everything else is just backroad riding. There is also an old nuclear facility back there but theres not much left to see nowadays.Mostly I go further north into the mountains but am always up for some local exploring!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Greetings to all. I had a 1965 Toyota Landcruiser FJ-45 wagon for years and years. In all the years I had it I never saw another one exactly like it. When we moved to the East coast, we lived on the Chesapeake Bay, and it didn't take but a few years for the salt air to eat the body to dust. Needless to say, I was heartbroken!! That Cruiser and I had camped and done trails in Colorado (where I found it in the first place), Utah and New Mexico. Those were some great times, and that truck NEVER let me down, Well, about a month ago, I ran into a beautiful 2008 Fj Cruiser This baby is so clean you can eat off the engine, and with the special TRD performance package and only 74,000 miles, I am in love all over again!! She's PERFECT!! This will be the companion I have for the second half of my life. I am now loking for clubs and organizations that contain folks as nutty as me. If anyone can help steer me in the righ direction, I wold really appreciate it. Ric [email protected]

·
Registered
186 Posts
Greetings to all. I had a 1965 Toyota Landcruiser FJ-45 wagon for years and years. In all the years I had it I never saw another one exactly like it. When we moved to the East coast, we lived on the Chesapeake Bay, and it didn't take but a few years for the salt air to eat the body to dust. Needless to say, I was heartbroken!! That Cruiser and I had camped and done trails in Colorado (where I found it in the first place), Utah and New Mexico. Those were some great times, and that truck NEVER let me down, Well, about a month ago, I ran into a beautiful 2008 Fj Cruiser This baby is so clean you can eat off the engine, and with the special TRD performance package and only 74,000 miles, I am in love all over again!! She's PERFECT!! This will be the companion I have for the second half of my life. I am now loking for clubs and organizations that contain folks as nutty as me. If anyone can help steer me in the righ direction, I wold really appreciate it. Ric [email protected]
Ric have you found anyone to help you out/go with in GA yet? Never been wheeling before but have a 2012 TT that I would like to get my feet wet on something easy.

Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts