Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greeting Atlanta area FJ'ers! I recently pulled the trigger on an OME lift for my ride. Rather than paying a shop to do it, anyone want to give me a hand installing? I would much rather get a little dirty, meet some new friends and make some plans for future outings in the area. I am located in the Kennesaw/Marietta area.

Beer, pizza and money provided....Oh yeah, did I mention beer?

Cheers,

-Chris

·
Registered
319 Posts
This is on my agenda to do as soon and the funds are avail. If you can get someone with a little exp. to help out I will try to make it out so I can get educated to do my own. I believe its pretty straight forward but I'd like to see one done!

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Recommended tool list:

Floor jack (two if you can get them)
Spring compressors (rent from Advance Auto or Pep Boys)
Sockets and impact wrench/breaker bar (12mm, 14mm, 17mm, 19mm, 21mm)
Box/open or ratcheting wrenches (12mm, 14mm, 17mm, 19mm)
ratchet straps

I would volunteer to help, if I had the time. But there are some good step-by-step instructions in the tech section you can follow fairly easily.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is on my agenda to do as soon and the funds are avail. If you can get someone with a little exp. to help out I will try to make it out so I can get educated to do my own. I believe its pretty straight forward but I'd like to see one done!
Will do, I'll keep you posted! At the very least, you're welcome to take my FJ for a ride if you want to see how the lift feels before you make the purchase.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Recommended tool list:

Floor jack (two if you can get them)
Spring compressors (rent from Advance Auto or Pep Boys)
Sockets and impact wrench/breaker bar (12mm, 14mm, 17mm, 19mm, 21mm)
Box/open or ratcheting wrenches (12mm, 14mm, 17mm, 19mm)
ratchet straps

I would volunteer to help, if I had the time. But there are some good step-by-step instructions in the tech section you can follow fairly easily.
Yeah I came across a pretty good right up with instructions. If I can scrounge up all of the tools, me and a buddy will probably give it a go. Thanks for the equip. list.

·
Registered
240 Posts
im in cartersville!! will love to help out!!

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'm in the same boat as FJC5, and I love to come out and maybe learn a few things, and give an extra set of hands if needed.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
I don't know what model/year your FJ is, so unless you literally just drove it off the showroom floor, a few days before you do the work, start lubing up all the bolts on your stock suspension. Trust me. I did this and still eneded up cutting the crown bolt off my driver's side UCA. I was replacing the UCA's anyways though.

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
We should have a mod party. Like some others, I want to be able to do stuff myself but don't have a lot of experience. I want to learn and would like to have a spotter of sorts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts