Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am buying some ATX Thugs 17 x 8.5's and plan to put 285/70/17's Nitto Terra Graps on them. I have a three inch lift and need to know what offset will look and work the best. I was told to get the -6 offset, but I am concerned that the tires will hang well outside the fenders. Can anyone shed some light on my issue? Thanks :rawr:

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts
Here ya go. Mine are Weld Dune 6 -17" X 8.5"-4.5" backspace-(-6 offset)

·
Registered
24 Posts
anybody have ATX Thugs?
I've got the AR ATX Thugs (with rivets) with Nitto Terra Grapplers (LT285/70-17) on my FJ with a Donahoe (IVD) suspension system. The wheels and tires look awesome! The tires stick outside the fender flares just a little bit giving it a more agressive stance. The recommended backspacing for that size wheel/tire combo is 4.5". I've experienced no tire rubbing with this combo during normal street driving. However when offroading and and under severe articulation a little bit of rubbing does occur. I would definitely recommend a body mount chop for your peace of mind. Go for the Thugs!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
got 'em installed today. They look awesome. I wasn't crazy about the rivets and center cap in silver, but they do look bad ass!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts