Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have a confirmed on road cost for the FJ in Australia?

my dealer here in Perth is either keeping tight lipped, or just doesn't know.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've been asking the dealers in Newcastle, they didn't really have a clue but suggested $55,000 including on roads.

I'm hoping they're wrong

Fullscale, where did you hear that price?

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Check out this site..... Yahoo!Xtra Sports - Blogs

"Price is the first good thing. When TNZ first checked out FJ, it seemed set to come in for around $80,000 - $2000 above the entry GX Prado and 5k short of the VX. That’s not happened. Because Australia has ordered up big and also taken a particularly strong specification, Japan has slimmed down the price and we’ve hoped on the gravy train. End result: A feature-packed machine for $69,990."

Hope that helps somewhat.

·
Registered
23 Posts
From 40k. I was talking to a toyota dealer who came into the pub i work at, once i learned of his occupation I managed to "help" him tell me rough pricing. He said 40 for the base model. Im not going not buy new though, I cant see the point in buy a new car that Im going to modify and drive in all sorts of ungodly places.:clap:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Off to a dealer launch on Friday night. Cant wait. They did tell me porky's initally because they said that there would only be 3 colours coming. Imagine my wonderful surprise when I opened the website when it went live to find all colours were available.

There is 12 on carsales.com.au and all are just under $50k drive away. I still think thats outstanding for a 4WD Toyota.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Also, I did read somewhere the other day that there would be 3 'option' packs available but I cant seem to find it again.

I'm assuming if this is true that they may offer up something similar to the US 'packs'

·
Registered
26 Posts
One Model only for Oz.
Voodoo Blue and Hornet Yelllow only available till Nov 2011 then discontinued. Colour was only for launch period

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yep bought one on Friday 1st, $49,500 driveway. No discounts yet but go hard on your trade in to get the best deal. Probably only about 3 colours available at the moment if there not all sold out until next shipment.
Cheers
Tony

·
Banned
274 Posts
Congrats

Any ETA on yours?

ETA I like you have been told all kinds of things :mecry: *apparently checked today* the latest is mid August to early September delivery!, though another dealer I spoke to today when screwing him down for a deal said no way you will see it before October!

I'm a bit like everyone else I spent many a day on the phone ringing dealers all over the country, and in the end got sick of the scumbags profiteering on the lack of supply so decided to stay local and get a semi acceptable deal. Even my local dealer tried to pressure me and said I don't need the business! so I just got up and proceeded to walk out :flame: he stopped me and said I drive a hard bargain, I told him he is a salesman and I am a :ninja: and if you want my ca$h its on my terms and not yours :wave:

I wish I had one right now the test drive I had was just too much fun, great little 4WD !

·
Banned
274 Posts
One Model only for Oz.
Voodoo Blue and Hornet Yelllow only available till Nov 2011 then discontinued. Colour was only for launch period
I saw both of those colors and the Yellow was just amazing with IN YOUR FACE ATTITUDE!!! the Voodoo Blue was nice (I have a blue Kluger of bit darker shade) and have a soft spot for the color, but the thing I kind felt not so at ease with was the carry over of the body color to the interior trim pieces.

I got to see a metalic Titanium - White roof combo and that one was my orgasmic moment :simmadown: < that combo looked great to me. Like all things though colors are such a personal taste thing, seen plenty of the others on Youtube etc but real life really paints the picture best.

·
Registered
46 Posts
That's what I'm thinking too , the dealer say July , but more like August/September. I ordered early April and have selected the Titanium , I think it's the best all round colour ( for me) I luv the blue, but just a bit to loud for me. I been driving the same car for 8 years, nothing has interested me until this came to Aus , it's just great. Yes Youtube has heaps on the FJ !

·
Registered
33 Posts
That's what I'm thinking too , the dealer say July , but more like August/September. I ordered early April and have selected the Titanium , I think it's the best all round colour ( for me) I luv the blue, but just a bit to loud for me. I been driving the same car for 8 years, nothing has interested me until this came to Aus , it's just great. Yes Youtube has heaps on the FJ !
August/September. Cripes you guys will forgotten you ordered one by then. They were supposed to have a couple per dealer arriving each month. The blue is a bit loud, silver is nice but bit of a blend in colour at the moment. The blue trim on the inside is alright I reckon, makes it seem a bit Funky. So what age group out there is buying them??
Tony 46

·
Registered
60 Posts
August/September. Cripes you guys will forgotten you ordered one by then. They were supposed to have a couple per dealer arriving each month. The blue is a bit loud, silver is nice but bit of a blend in colour at the moment. The blue trim on the inside is alright I reckon, makes it seem a bit Funky. So what age group out there is buying them??
Tony
age 39

1 - 20 of 34 Posts