Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few weeks ago I met up with some of the guys with the DFW chapter of TX4WD club and they informed me of a wheeling/clean up day at the City of Bridgeport ORV facility. Here is the info on the DFW-T4WD site:

Bridgeport Work Days

Workday at Bridgeport. The trails need some traffic to keep them in shape. Tyler (Rooney77) has offered to have people over for burgers after the run. Check the forum post below for more information.

WHEN: Saturday 8/2/2008
9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
WHERE: Bridgeport

DFW-TX4WD forum post:

Bridgeport Sat. Aug 2

City of Bridgeport web site:

Bridgeport, TX - Official Website - Northwest Park

Map Link:

from: Fort Worth, TX to: Hwy 101, Bridgeport, TX - Google Maps

I think this would be a great opportunity for the DFW FJ guys to meet other off road enthusiasts.

Clear Skies!!

Digger

·
Registered
160 Posts
Digger, we would love to go but the kids have summer end parties this day. We will catch the next one. Would love to drive out there to see the site.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Wow, I didn't even know there was an ORV park in Bridgeport. That's not too far from me, only about 5 hours. May have to make it down there someday. Sorry it can't be for this deal, sounds like a fun day!

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
I'll be in Sturgis, S.D. that day...

·
Premium Member
9,345 Posts
Hmmm...tempting.
My brother is coming in from Ohio, but maybe I could make it for a few hours. There is no mention of bringing tools. Am I understanding correctly that we are being asked to just drive on the trails to knock down the overgrowth?

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
I hear from the DFW meet and greet post that Digger and FJinDFW are going to the clean-up. Anybody else going? I will be leaving Plano at about 8am for the drive out (my first time to Bridgeport). maybe get there about 9:45...

·
Registered
476 Posts
I wish I could make this event, but I have to work. Gotta woop some butt's into shape. I will be there next time. Have fun guy's.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I have to say that I had a great time!! It was good to see 5 other friendly FJ faces in the sea of Jeeps at Bridgeport. I have a new found faith in the DangerBuggy, the first trail had me a little worried running stock BFG's. I put her in 4 Lo, gritted my teeth and went for it. In all, I had a bit of carnage. :rocker:But, I have a good idea what I need to do to get ready for Katemcy in October. I was too busy keeping the DangerBuggy shiny side up to shoot a lot of pics. Here are the ones I got. Enjoy the pics!!

Enroute close to my house.

MBDEVRI clearing the 1st trail.

FJinDFW clearing the 1st trail.

Headed into the 2nd trail of the day.

:rocker:Carnage Pics!!!:rocker:

What's wrong with this pic?

I think I found the problem!!

I think the one on the bottom is fooked!!!

Bumper and Bling Plate ouchies.

Clear Skies!!

Digger

·
Banned
2,640 Posts
great job digger! beats being stuck on top of the s&*t pile!!!! sorry i missed it. i was on another "adventure"..thanx baylor hospital
one day, all will go well, and there really will be "clear skys"

·
Registered
476 Posts
Looks like you guy's had a good time. Digger, I guess now is the time to get you some new rails on the Danger Buggy. Sorry i was not there to enjoy the trails.

·
Premium Member
9,345 Posts
Good times, even though we were outnumbered by Jeeps 25 to 1. Although only 300 acres, this park has good potential and will make a nice fairly close place for us to wheel. It took me about 50 minutes to get there from my house.

I did get a couple of pics...
We brought up the rear to assist with Jeeps that broke down and/or got stuck. Just kidding...we met some nice folks and saw some old friends.

Not sure what the final numbers were, but probably at least 100 rigs showed up. Often had to pull over to wait for a group to pass.

My rig

4 door Jeep

Look closely in the center of the pic and you can see a yellow Jeep coming up through the wooded trail.

Debating on which trail to take

Forgot what they call these things. Really cool...

Lee (1911) and his son Ross leading us into the next trail

In the center of the pic you can see two jeeps climbing up a rock hill. We decided against it only because there was a high risk of belly damage. Can't wait to get armor and return to tackle that hill!

Me and Digger

MBDEVRI (Mike) and his son came from Plano. He said it took them about 80 minutes to get there.

Unfortunately Ross lost a battle with a sharp edged rock. Good thing he had a spare.

The only damage I received was some scratches and nearly tore a lug off one tire. Didn't notice until today, but at leat it is currently holding air.

·
Premium Member
8,285 Posts
Good times, even though we were outnumbered by Jeeps 25 to 1. Although only 300 acres, this park has good potential and will make a nice fairly close place for us to wheel. It took me about 50 minutes to get there from my house.
It's REALLY unorganized as of yet; no signs or trail markers of any sort but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt since it's brand new. The great thing for me is that it's less than 30 miles from my door.

I did get a couple of pics...
Thanks for the photos Steve, I'm usually pretty camera shy and never stop to take very many either.

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
Thanks for the great pics Steve and Digger!
Washed the FJ today - only a few minor scratches, thankfully.
Pete and I had a really good time in spite of the heat (thanks for the extra gatorade Steve!)
Ordered trail armor and lower links today....
Mike

1 - 19 of 19 Posts