Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The date is set. Mark it down!

I will be making badges for this event as an incentive for you to come out. I will also be putting together a prize or two for a draw. You won't want to miss out on the chance to win... let's just leave it at that. :D

You don't have to be from Greater Vancouver either... if you want to drive up from WA or hop a boat from the island, drive your FJ in from Alberta, you are more than welcome to come, and you will be eligible for the prize(s) and everyone with a rig gets a badge for FREE, but you have to be there! Badge design is in the works...

The location will be determined by July 31st and posted here. I have a location in mind, but need to clear it with the property owners before we take up a bunch of parking space. This will also determine the time of the event, but I am thinking from 11 to 2PM or so. Maybe a little BBQ lunch or something, done as a bring your own deal. If we want to get more organized than that we can certainly try something else.

August 17th is a Sunday.

Those of you that can, should also check out Cruiser Days at Deas Island Park. I went last year and it was a blast. I believe it is on the 19th of July, when I will be in Ouray for the summit. :( Hopefully I can meet many of you locals at the meet and greet anyways, approx a month later.

If you have suggestions, POST 'EM! We will need to get an official list of planned attendees so I know how many badges to make, so if you think you are in post up now and I'll confirm with you a week before or so. Expect the meet to be in the Sur-Del area.

:cheers:

Joel

FJoel said:
Hello,

Just wanted to drop you a note with some details about the run and meet and greet. Please click the the links for more info.

On Saturday Aug 16, we will be making a run up the Harrison Forest Service road, on the west side of Harrison Lake. We will be meeting at the Sasquatch Inn at 10AM. We won't leave the the Sasquatch Inn until 10:15 to give everyone a chance to assemble, but if you are running late please feel free to call me on my cell at (edited out). I'd hate to have someone make the drive and leave them alone.

Please bring some snacks, a lunch, some refreshments etc. There is not much up there once we get into the bush so please pack accordingly for a day trip. Don't worry about recovery gear etc, or a lack thereof. Between the group of us I am sure we will have enough, though I very highly doubt we will need anything of that sort. This will be a mild and scenic run. There may be some larger rocks to drive over in a creek bed type of forest road, but most of it will be an easy drive down the gravel and dirt. The name of the game is safety and fun, in that order. We will discuss what we want to do more specifically when we assemble.

Please also ensure you have a full tank of gas. Mission is a good, and cheaper place to fill up. You will use minimal gas from there to the rendezvous point.

On Aug 17, Sunday, there will be a meet and greet at the Tim Hortons on Nordel and Scott Road in Surrey (almost Delta...). Feel free to drop by anytime from 11 to 2 PM. Please try to support the local businesses while you are there by buying lunch or refreshments from them, as we will be tying up some of their parking.

Just look for the FJ's to the east of the Timmy's and you've found us. :)

I look forward to meeting you guys very soon!

Take care,

Joel

PS. Please RSVP via PM if you plan on one or the other or both so I know who to expect!

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
I'm checkin the ferry schedule to Prince Rupert from AK right now. How long a drive from there do you think it would be?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Done and done! I mean I'm so there. Joel - let me know if I can help out with organization etc.

·
Premium Member
6,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Done and done! I mean I'm so there. Joel - let me know if I can help out with organization etc.
Kewl. Thanks Buddy!

Okay, I'm not seeing many other FJ's with CB's around here so the main prize thus far will be a Bigbill CB radio COMBO. :D See if I can do better as we go as well.

Anyone want to come now? Come on, I'm trying to make this a worthwhile even but we need FJ's!!!

·
Registered
450 Posts
Joel I will be on the Island doing some fishing that weekend! I would really like to come since this meet is long overdue but I won't be able to swing it this time.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Crap - I am in Kelowna the week before, but have to return to Calgary the weekend of the 17th - otherwise I would have made the trip! Heading to Kelowna for a wedding, so my schedule is not flexible - damn.... but have fun and hope you have an excellent turnout!

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Very cool Joel. I knew you've wanted to do this for a long time. Best wishes bud! :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
I's love to make the run but at that time of year I am still pretty busy at my business. Hopefully soon to be into semi-retirement mode and then should have some more time for some road-trips. LOL.

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Joel-

Where are we at with this event. I gotta turn in my leave request and book a ferry reservation. Are you thinking of moving it back at all?

·
Premium Member
6,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Joel-

Where are we at with this event. I gotta turn in my leave request and book a ferry reservation. Are you thinking of moving it back at all?
If you are serious about coming, then no, I won't push it back. :)

Be very glad to have you.

Okay...

Ladies and Gents, please make sure your name is posted so I can PM you info in a week or so to confirm...

Thanks!

·
Registered
773 Posts
I would really liked to go Joel but I dont want to say I`m coming then for other reasons not show up and stand you up.

I`m still considering it .

How far a drive from the twassen ferry are we talking?:cheers:

1 - 20 of 77 Posts